Insecure Season 3... Its over already?

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Oct 3, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Just wrapped up season 3 of Insecure and to me this season was odd compared to the previous two. While I still enjoyed the season, it was short and seemed 'off' and disjointed. If you've finished this short season, what are your thoughts?

[​IMG]

I-Stay-Woke and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    While I wasn't as entertained with this season as much as the others I did find it to be real as Fuck and maybe that's what irked my nerves. I think they definitely at least need ten episodes a season. My guess is next season could possibly be the last. I just feel it. The end of the first two seasons showed Issa and Molly not making the best decisions for themselves. This season ended with them taking progressive steps.

Specific Thoughts:

1. They are teasing us with this "Ross and Rachel (Friends reference) Will they, won't they" story. I feel they will end up together on the series finale. Issa and Lawrence truly get each other they just aren't where they need to be individually to be good for each other.

2. Nanceford has some issues with the law, or a woman back in Houston. That's my belief.

3. I'm glad Issa quit her job and is exploring her passion.

4. Molly needed this reality check from Issa. Hopefully she applies this at work and personally. By the way, I loved me some Jared so bringing him in was cool.

5. Tiffany and Kelly need to have a bigger presence on the show so we know more about them.

I feel like I'm rambling so that's all for now.

I-Stay-Woke, DreG, BrentForays and 2 others dapped this.
  3. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I thought it was pretty good but I definitely agree that it was too short. 8 or 9 episodes for a thirty minute show does not seem like a lot at all. If the show was an hour or if it was double the amount of episodes then it wouldn’t feel like the season just started. I think the show is big enough at this point for them to expand it a bit.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  4. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I feel like a show with such a short run is how they would treat a new series to gauge the popularity with new audiences but with this being the third season of Insecure, we should be getting a minimum of 12 episodes at best. I feel like this show will get the ax soon.

Can't say for sure unless we check the viewership ratings but why are the ordering such a small package for a show in it's third season.. "raises eyebrow"

5. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I enjoyed season 3 like the first two seasons but I feel like Season 3 was definitely a transition season. I think in life we all have seasons like that which are seemingly weird for us but we progress to the brighter side. I think season 3 is a true representation of life in that regard. I could relate to the different situations like how Issa was feeling uninspired... I've been there. I've been at the place like Molly where I left one thing (school or work) and ended up somewhere else and it was not all I thought it would be. I've been ghosted SEVERAL times by black gay dudes then they try and come back months later with a lackluster explanation about why they vanished and try to get back in my good graces.

Season 3 was real AF. I disagree with @Michael about how Season 4 will be the final season. There is still more life left in the show and other topics they could touch on. I was happy to see them touch on mental health and toxic masculinity this season. I am looking forward to what the future SEASONS have to offer from Insecure.

@OckyDub what did you find yourself relating to the most from season 3?

@Nick Delicacy what about you big bro? Your thoughts?

6. Duke_Skywalker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I agree... This seaons was definitely a transition. I only watch this show for laughs, honestly. The comedy is awesome!

DreG dapped this.
  7. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    On the after show, Issa said this was a setup season. I see what she means because I do see alot of promising storylines for next year.

I also remember someone on the show revealed she envisioned 5 seasons for Insecure. But I agree with everyone that the number of episodes need to be upped to 12 or 13.

This season was like watching someone's life. Nothing really exciting. No twist and turns. Looking back, we will all probably see this season as the shows worst season.

SB3 and OckyDub dapped this.
  8. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux

Daps Received:
    At first,I thought I was finally about to be cool with Molly...then she returned to her usual shit. I'm glad she got called out about fooling herself with Dro,and for her general fuckery.

The other seasons are short,but I felt it more with this season.It ended without a proper climax . The finale at least should have been 45mins to an hour .

9. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    Yea, this season did seem extremely short. But I think it was because, like @BrentForays said, they were introducing a lot of different potential storylines, so we naturally lost some of the cohesion and continuity we expect out of a season of a show.

The good thing about it is that it allows for character development. My favorite thing about black ppl on tv today is that we get to be just as great and fukd up as we are in real life. I think we all know ppl like Molly who want it all to go the way they planned it, and realistically think life can happen without going off script. I think Nathan might have just opened up about being bipolar. We finally saw Kelly have feelings and not JUST be the funny fat friend. While 'we' the audience want Issa and Lawrence to 'figure it out' off the strength of familiarity, that's just not how real life works.

That said, while I like all of the potential storylines, being an 8 episode, half hour show, they'll need 15 seasons to get to the point! I guess we'll see next August...

DreG, BrentForays and OckyDub dapped this.
  10. Austin MD

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    Single
    This show always make me feel I need more. Like they introduce these characters and then suddenly they are not talk about (I.e Daniel, Tasha, Molly enterprise bf/hook up, and more). They need 4 more episodes and expand to 45 mins and I think the show would flow and move better.

OckyDub dapped this.