Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Nov 4, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    1st - Fuck Donna Brazil who had no problem helping Hillary cheat during the debates and is not basically promoting her book.
    2nd - You still have folk (Black liberals) with all these "truthful" revelations that will give their left nipple for Hillary Clinton while acting like Bernie is the enemy.

[​IMG]
    Before I called Bernie Sanders, I lit a candle in my living room and put on some gospel music. I wanted to center myself for what I knew would be an emotional phone call.

I had promised Bernie when I took the helm of the Democratic National Committee after the convention that I would get to the bottom of whether Hillary Clinton’s team had rigged the nomination process, as a cache of emails stolen by Russian hackers and posted online had suggested. I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails. But who knew if some of them might have been forged? I needed to have solid proof, and so did Bernie.

So I followed the money. My predecessor, Florida Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, had not been the most active chair in fundraising at a time when President Barack Obama’s neglect had left the party in significant debt. As Hillary’s campaign gained momentum, she resolved the party’s debt and put it on a starvation diet. It had become dependent on her campaign for survival, for which she expected to wield control of its operations.

Debbie was not a good manager. She hadn’t been very interested in controlling the party—she let Clinton’s headquarters in Brooklyn do as it desired so she didn’t have to inform the party officers how bad the situation was. How much control Brooklyn had and for how long was still something I had been trying to uncover for the last few weeks.

By September 7, the day I called Bernie, I had found my proof and it broke my heart.

The Saturday morning after the convention in July, I called Gary Gensler, the chief financial officer of Hillary’s campaign. He wasted no words. He told me the Democratic Party was broke and $2 million in debt.

“What?” I screamed. “I am an officer of the party and they’ve been telling us everything is fine and they were raising money with no problems.”

That wasn’t true, he said. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign—and had been paying that off very slowly. Obama’s campaign was not scheduled to pay it off until 2016. Hillary for America (the campaign) and the Hillary Victory Fund (its joint fundraising vehicle with the DNC) had taken care of 80 percent of the remaining debt in 2016, about $10 million, and had placed the party on an allowance.

If I didn’t know about this, I assumed that none of the other officers knew about it, either. That was just Debbie’s way. In my experience she didn’t come to the officers of the DNC for advice and counsel. She seemed to make decisions on her own and let us know at the last minute what she had decided, as she had done when she told us about the hacking only minutes before the Washington Post broke the news.

“What’s the burn rate, Gary?” I asked. “How much money do we need every month to fund the party?”

The burn rate was $3.5 million to $4 million a month, he said.

I gasped. I had a pretty good sense of the DNC’s operations after having served as interim chair five years earlier. Back then the monthly expenses were half that. What had happened? The party chair usually shrinks the staff between presidential election campaigns, but Debbie had chosen not to do that. She had stuck lots of consultants on the DNC payroll, and Obama’s consultants were being financed by the DNC, too.

When we hung up, I was livid. Not at Gary, but at this mess I had inherited. I knew that Debbie had outsourced a lot of the management of the party and had not been the greatest at fundraising. I would not be that kind of chair, even if I was only an interim chair. Did they think I would just be a surrogate for them, get on the road and rouse up the crowds? I was going to manage this party the best I could and try to make it better, even if Brooklyn did not like this. It would be weeks before I would fully understand the financial shenanigans that were keeping the party on life support.

[​IMG]

Right around the time of the convention, the leaked emails revealed Hillary’s campaign was grabbing money from the state parties for its own purposes, leaving the states with very little to support down-ballot races. A Politico story published on May 2, 2016, described the big fund-raising vehicle she had launched through the states the summer before, quoting a vow she had made to rebuild “the party from the ground up … when our state parties are strong, we win. That’s what will happen.”

Yet the states kept less than half of 1 percent of the $82 million they had amassed from the extravagant fund-raisers Hillary’s campaign was holding, just as Gary had described to me when he and I talked in August. When the Politico story described this arrangement as “essentially … money laundering” for the Clinton campaign, Hillary’s people were outraged at being accused of doing something shady. Bernie’s people were angry for their own reasons, saying this was part of a calculated strategy to throw the nomination to Hillary.

I wanted to believe Hillary, who made campaign finance reform part of her platform, but I had made this pledge to Bernie and did not want to disappoint him. I kept asking the party lawyers and the DNC staff to show me the agreements that the party had made for sharing the money they raised, but there was a lot of shuffling of feet and looking the other way.

When I got back from a vacation in Martha’s Vineyard, I at last found the document that described it all: the Joint Fund-Raising Agreement between the DNC, the Hillary Victory Fund, and Hillary for America.

The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.

I had been wondering why it was that I couldn’t write a press release without passing it by Brooklyn. Well, here was the answer.

When the party chooses the nominee, the custom is that the candidate’s team starts to exercise more control over the party. If the party has an incumbent candidate, as was the case with Clinton in 1996 or Obama in 2012, this kind of arrangement is seamless because the party already is under the control of the president. When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Al Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination.

I had tried to search out any other evidence of internal corruption that would show that the DNC was rigging the system to throw the primary to Hillary, but I could not find any in party affairs or among the staff. I had gone department by department, investigating individual conduct for evidence of skewed decisions, and I was happy to see that I had found none. Then I found this agreement.

The funding arrangement with HFA and the victory fund agreement was not illegal, but it sure looked unethical. If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead. This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity.

I had to keep my promise to Bernie. I was in agony as I dialed him. Keeping this secret was against everything that I stood for, all that I valued as a woman and as a public servant.

“Hello, senator. I’ve completed my review of the DNC and I did find the cancer,” I said. “But I will not kill the patient.”

I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

Bernie took this stoically. He did not yell or express outrage. Instead he asked me what I thought Hillary’s chances were. The polls were unanimous in her winning but what, he wanted to know, was my own assessment?

I had to be frank with him. I did not trust the polls, I said. I told him I had visited states around the country and I found a lack of enthusiasm for her everywhere. I was concerned about the Obama coalition and about millennials.

I urged Bernie to work as hard as he could to bring his supporters into the fold with Hillary, and to campaign with all the heart and hope he could muster. He might find some of her positions too centrist, and her coziness with the financial elites distasteful, but he knew and I knew that the alternative was a person who would put the very future of the country in peril. I knew he heard me. I knew he agreed with me, but I never in my life had felt so tiny and powerless as I did making that call.

When I hung up the call to Bernie, I started to cry, not out of guilt, but out of anger. We would go forward. We had to.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I knew the fix was once Obama got elected in 2008. They made HRC secretary of state as a consolation prize. She no doubt left after Obama's first term so she get her ducks in a row for rigging the primary. I'm willing to bet the party movers and shakers promised her the nomination next go round which is why Biden didn't run because he had a good chance of beating her since he can connect with the white working-class. Biden would've got the black vote because alot of black Americans think of him as "uncle Joe." That's also why the field was light in the last presidential primary. They didn't want a strong field of challengers to threaten Hillary. So that left Bernie Sanders her only real competition. We saw how that turned out. Now we know the Bernie people were right.

I-Stay-Woke and OckyDub dapped this.
  3. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Bernie's people were the biggest bunch of crybabies during the primaries and they haven't lost that title to this day. Always playing the victim. Get on with it.

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I repeat (updated)...

"You still have folk (Black liberals) with all these "truthful" revelations that will give their left nipple for Hillary Clinton while acting like Bernie (or his supporters) are the enemy."

Basically...fuck democracy as long as my candidate / party win... which is the same argument Libs use against republicans...which is another reason Dems stay losing.

Like truth teller Jessie Venture says..
    [​IMG]

5. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    You know how people stay in relationships, even though they know they can't stand the other person and stay bashing them and criticizing them and telling them everything they're doing wrong but THEY NEVER LEAVE?

6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    No I don't but it sounds like you're speaking from personal experience.

Every thing Bernie was saying then has been confirmed (how many times now since her failed campaign?) but yet folk support the one who was doing the misdeeds and treat the messenger/s within the party as the enemies.

How is this not cognitive dissonance or blind faith?

You have the woman on the inside telling you shit was fucked up and you like..."but what about Bernie Bros?" Bernie supporters were not running the DNC. So Donna Brazile and Elizabeth Warren are now "Bernie Bros?"

Just add this to the lists of reasons why voter turn out is low.

7. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Voter turnout is low because people don't inform themselves beyond Facebook and Instagram. Not even Bernie can get people to turn out like we did in the 40s and 50s. My point is, if everyone who is complaining about Hillary voted against her and they were the majority, she wouldn't have won the nomination. It's not her fault that Bernie Bros couldn't muster enough votes to win. Is Hillary perfect? Hell No but neither is Bernie. At least she's a Democrat though which can't be said for the guy who isn't but expected the party to be "fair" to him. Become a damn DEMOCRAT and help raise money for the DEMOCRATS and then you can expect to be treated like a DEMOCRAT. No one, including Bernie Bros, has been able to explain to me why their candidate, who is so pure, didn't deem it pure to run as an independent instead of taking the easy way out and mooching off the DEMOCRATIC party which he still despises to this day.

8. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    And those who do inform themselves...then what?

Which is why this happened...
    [​IMG]

Don't want to vote for Hillary...must be a Bernie Bro, or a sexist or some other irrelevant deflection, being dismissive of liberal progressive voters concerns all because it puts your candidate in a bad light.

The Bernie Bros (what is a female Bernie supporter btw?) you despise still voted for Hillary...and she still lost the white female vote LMAO.

Folk cannot / will not accept the facts that Hillary loss because of Hillary and the DNC...to you all, its still everybody else's fault...which is why Dems continue to lose. LOL

Don't ignore misdeeds and corruption just because you belong to the political party you want to win. When you embrace double standards and hypocrisy is ruins your credibility.

9. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    But you assume I support everything and every facet of the Democratic Party and Hillary. I do not. It natural and healthy for political parties to have internal debates about how the party should operate and the party's vision. My issue is that uber liberal voters don't even consider themselves Democrats most of the time but yet they want to exert influence over the party leaders. Do you see me telling the RNC how it should be operated? No because they're so far from everything i believe in, i choose not be be a member. Why be a member of a party that you despise soooooo much and continue to rant and rave instead of doing the REAL WORK, as Iyanla would say, and breaking a sweat to form another party that is more in line with your values and beliefs? If i ever felt that the DNC was working against my own interests, I would not be supporting the DNC. Apparently, Bernie bros and Bernie belles don't mind being abused by such a bad and corrupt party. Even now, Trump is doing so much to revoke civil liberties and engage us in outlandish foreign wars and all most liberals care about is attacking a woman who is no longer even running for president. Figure that shyt out. In my mind, I think Bernie supporters probably see members of the Tea Party as nutwing zealouts but these same liberals would never see themselves in the same mirror.

But you always good people ocky.

10. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    "Ocky you criticize gay (Black) culture so much maybe you should be straight." That's what you sound like.

There are extremes in both parties and to say that the extremes who criticize the parties they belong to shouldn't be in the parties makes no sense.

Most voters knows it will be decades (if not a hundred years) for a new party could actually take root in the US outside of pop up third parties who sabotage or take votes away from the two major parties.

Bernie is STILL fighting, still loudly speaking out against, big business, Trump and his cronies in congress and speaking up for universal Health Care, (everyday) while Hillary is out selling books and a "blaming everybody else for her loss" tour.

Be honest... who is currently doing more to help and heal the Democratic party and the DNC...Hillary or Bernie? You can't tell me Hillary is toxic right now.

Now, since you quoted Iyanla, imma quote Kenye and say...

[​IMG]

:franko1:

#10 OckyDub, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  11. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Ocky, I'm disappointed in you. You're much too smart to be equating choosing a political party to being gay unless you're suggesting you can change your sexuality.

If everyone who said that it will take centuries upon centuries to form a valid third party would put their time and money where their mouth is, it wouldn't take so long. Again I use the analogy of relationships. It's ok to stay in one that has its ups and downs but when you feel like your very being is being compromised to such an extent that it's damaging, people divorce. I'm asking all uber liberals who feel like they're being abused, cheated on, lied to, neglected and taken for granted to divorce the Democratic Party and find another party to marry. Don't be that person that stays in a destructive relationship because you don't think you can do better alone.

[​IMG]

12. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Maybe I'm just as dumb as folk who are defending Hillary and the DNC in 2017 after the truth has been relieved?

Maybe if the DNC weren't so corrupt, Bernie would be president right now and you wouldn't have an orange shit bag running the country.

But...back to the question, because at the end of the day...its about democracy and moving the country forward...

... who is currently doing more to help and heal the Democratic party and the DNC and speaking out against corruption..Hillary or Bernie?

I will await your mental gymnastic non-answer

[​IMG]

13. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Well first, I ask that you tell me what Bernie is doing to heal the democratic party. Specifically the democratic party and not soothe the Bernie bots. To my knowledge, he's still not wanting to raise money for the Democratic Party for fear that it will dilute his own message. He's not having conversations with Hillary supporters to try and bridge the divide.

Also, explain why you and other Bernie bros still think it is Hillary's responsibility to heal the Democratic Party? She is not the party leader is she? She's not running for office nor does she hold office currently does she? Bernie is the one still in congress and still trying to influence a party which HE DOES NOT BELONG TO. If Hillary dropped dead from a heat stroke today and the Democratic nominee in 2020 lost the election, Bernie bros would still blame Hillary. It is you guys who give her the power she wields because y'all can't keep her name out ya mouth. To hear y'all tell it, Hillary is the most powerful svengali, working behind the scenes to kneecap sweet ole Bernie and other poor little liberals.

stossel.gif

14. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    So instead of saying I don't know...

You answered the question with questions. Deflection and non-answer accomplished. Dude how are you not...
    [​IMG]

Bernie is an elected senator who currently has a very public record of him doing his job for the agenda of the Democratic party and for working class Americans.

This is readily and easily available to anyone wishing to read or view it. So maybe do yourself a favor and instead of responding with deflection (like those uneducated folk you mentioned on Facebook and Instragram), kindly look at what he has wrote, his interviews, bills he has introduced and who he has questioned within Congressional hearings in the last 180 days. Its public record.

He is not working against Hillary, he is working for a party and interest that YOU are member of. He is not your adversary nor enemy. So again, if you're interested, his body of work in 2017 speaks for itself and is readily available to the reading / viewing public.

If you don't care or not interested, that fine as well...

15. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I have this mental block against anything you say due to the fact that Bernie IS NOT A DEMOCRAT. Why are we even debating this in terms of how he was treated by the DNC? A DNC that he refused to raise funds for btw. So you, and others like you, want an entity, the DNC, to support a candidate who won't raise funds or become a member(Bernie) over a candidate who is not only a member and has been for years but who also raises funds? This is lunacy. Incomprehensible and utter lunacy. LOL

@Nick Delmacy , come get ya boy before i have to hurt em.

16. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    At this point...you're illogical and irrational but its all good.

17. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Nothing I wrote was illogical or irrational. It's just a different point of view than yours and that is all good. I still enjoy hearing different views even if I don't agree with them.

18. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    No sir...opinions are not facts nor or points of view.

Regardless, I obviously enjoy this banter.

19. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I know you do. You like the fact that you've met your match when dealing with me. I totally understand.

tumblr_meyf2dj9rI1s05gn9o1_500.gif

20. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Naw son... at the end of the day, your pov doesn't coincide with public record, public interviews, transcripts and congressional hearings. I will take my own eyes and ears over your conjecture.

21. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Keep on here. Imma be outside your work waiting on you in the morning.

d42753c24bfe10cde97010a9409f0ad1a10717ae18813eec7c688d72c355b4b0.png

22. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Fuck the meme...this "Keep on here" was funny af. You country and I like it LOL

23. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Dude, i was raised in a small country town in Eastern Georgia where we were forced to stay outside all day and drink water from the water hose, eat fried chicken for breakfast when momma ran out of sausage and where we were trained to turn the broken knob on the tv with a pair of pliers at the age of 4. "Keep on Here" was heard all day e'r day, usually while momma was holding a fly swatter, bedroom shoe, dust pan in her hand ready to chunk it. LOL

24. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Feels this comment like...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]