International Dates

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by HauteChocolat, Aug 12, 2016.

1. HauteChocolat

HauteChocolat Squad Member

Daps Received:
    So back when I had this (for want of a better expression) miniscule crush on @Nick Delmacy (based on an inquisitive desire to match a physical form to that often brash persona on the website - btw his solo podcast where he had trouble starting his car at some point was rather charming), such feelings which have since thoroughly dissipated, I had this thought at the time, think of it as highfaluting if you will but purely hypothetical nonetheless, if one wanted to pursue such a crush (against the back drop of the anonymity of the site's founders - now diminishing re: Nick's peekaboo selfie) to start off messaging the guy and after a bit of rapport has developed to suggest the travel agent contacts him to arrange a rendevous, say in some European city for a few days. Nothing particularly freaky or anything sinister, just similar to going on a date to a few nice local places and kind of similar to what Aleksandr Petrovsky did to Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City (or Jon Favreau to Monica in Friends) this time without having met in person.

The long winded intro aside, would anyone take up an offer to go on an international date, even when you haven't met before?

2. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I would depending on the country lol

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  4. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I would. Treat it as a vacation. Have a backup plan. If shit hits the fan, turn it into a solo travel adventure.

5. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Exactly...

6. itsumoconfused

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I would be lying if I said I haven't done this already....

I mean they didn't pay for a date, but there was a dude that I was definitely chatting with for like 7 years and we had finally met in person. Had a really good time actually meeting them in person and going around rando parts of Japan with him and making our relationship stronger than it was before.

7. HauteChocolat

HauteChocolat Squad Member

Daps Received:
    I don't think there is much to it. I'd go for it as long as it is not to Riga or some obscure city. I think the idea of a person trying to go beyond the basic in getting to know someone portends a potentially exciting relationship if things work out. I'd also go well resourced in case things don't go to my liking.

It isn't actually uncommon, I know a number of Saudi guys arrange dates in Dubai with guys because of the very strict Saudi society and the potential consequence of being found out.