Best Posts in Thread: Is it hard for you to make "genuine" friends as a man?

1. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Great article below. I read it while waiting at the airport in Canada today. It did strike a cord with some of the feelings I've had over the years. It's not just gay men either with this struggle. @OckyDub , this is a good read. Link to full article...

Opinion: I love you, man: Why do men have such a difficult time maintaining friendships?

I love you, man: Why do men have such a difficult time maintaining friendships?

If men won’t really talk to one another about the problems in their lives, then companionship isn’t much better for you than loneliness. I learned that the hard way

[​IMG]

BlackguyExecutive, SB3, Apollo and 2 others dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I think there may be even more hurdles if you are Gay since most single man tries to date or have sex with you before even considering a friendship once they find out you have things in common or are a good dude.

Kinda like the straight man who assumes the attractive waitress MUST want to fuck him just because she was being nice to him (probably just for the tips), many gay men view even the most casual conversation with another attractive gay man as courtship.

One guy on an app straight up told me, "I have enough friends, I'm looking for more than that."

In addition to the above, my issues with maintaining are geography based. Every time I start building those stereotypical friendships where we talk, hang out, travel and bond with frequently, they end up moving away or getting into relationships causing them to slowly vanish.