Best Posts in Thread: Is Marriage in your cards?

1. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I recently got married (October 17, 2015) after five years of being together. I was the one that proposed on July 4, 2014 almost 7 months before it became legal in my state of residence, Florida. Because both my husband and I were from Florida, we made a choice not to get married until it was legal in our state. We decided to get married for a range of reasons, first, it seemed to be the natural progression of our relationship, secondly, it was increasing importantly in my line of work to get married so that my spouse of have the same protections as me when traveling abroad (my husband enjoys traveling on a diplomatic passport and all the rights that come with it). Thirdly, I never thought that I would get married before I turned 30 years old and despite all of that doubt, I enjoyed a wedding filled with family friends from all over the country and world. We actually have a travel themed wedding. As far as our name, we had it hyphenated because it was important for us to share the same name and if we decide on children in the future, they should share our name. Right now, neither one of us are particularly interested in kids. But we have talked about what our kids would call us, I think my husband would be dad or daddy and I would be pop or pop-o. I think that for me, marriage has brought us closer as a couple both literally and figuratively and it was something that we took seriously.

JohnDoe, Discordant, GaTekno84 and 10 others dapped this.
  2. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I don't knock it and fully support anyone who wants to do it but it's not for me.
    If by some random and unlikely act of fate were to happen and I met someone who could resuscitate my dead heart enough that made me want to couple with them, hopefully they'd be of like mind and settle for chest punchies, Pon Farr induced wrestling matches and co-dog parenting.

DreG, BlackExcellence, grownman and 2 others dapped this.
  3. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Marriage isn't so much a goal, as it's an option. A nice perk. I think it would be nice to get married, but it's not something that has to happen. The only definite goal I have is kids.That sometimes trips folks out because they assume I mean I want kids tomorrow. But that's not the case. I just want kids when the time is right. Whenever that is.

4. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    You are a man of exquisite taste and worthy of much respect!

bpaisle, DreG, ctforbes and 1 other person dapped this.