Is Monogamy a real thing?

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by Omega Level, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Wassup Squad.... You already know from the title, I'm going there... But I want to flip it a bit.

No if a he cheated on you would you stay. Or have you ever been cheated on. I wanna ask this,

In any relationship or serious dating you may have had in the past. Did you ever cheat?

And if so, What made you cheat?

I wanna get in the mind of the dudes who can never get enough from one person and always want "different" or "more".

Thoughts?

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think cheating is a sign of how mature a person is or is not. Nothing "just happens" and people don't get "caught up".

Did you ever cheat?

Yes.

What made you cheat?

At few boyfriends ago I already had a fbuddy when I met him. It was early on and my bf then went away for school like 2 months into the relationship. My fbuddy knew. I knew what I was doing but the sex was good. I was in a different place in my maturity level and I figured what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. It took me a good few months to stop things with the fbuddy because we were getting it in weekly.

I knew exactly what I was doing each time. I knew what my actions could have led to and I knew I'd broken a bond of trust but at the time I was still learning myself as a gay man and as a person in a relationship. Late 20s and in good shape and I wanted to have fun I missed out on when I was younger. No guilts and no regrets, while it may sound bad but... That's where I was at that point in my life.

Eventually l stopped things with the fbuddy about 2 months in. My bf and I got a tighter bond and we were seeing each other more often. things were cool but he never found out the entirety of our 18 month or so relationship.

Since then I had other than bfs and air and opportunities to cheat but I didn't take advantage of them. I just matured and it wasn't any my physical needs anymore. I hoped that I was being treated the same behind my back.

3. Rod Turpin

Squad Leader

Daps Received:
    I cheated once, with a boyfriend back when I was 22. It was a maturity issue; I was very unhappy in the relationship (he was very critical, sometimes abrasive, and I didn't have the best self-esteem) but didn't think I had a good enough reason to leave, since he wasn't beating me or cheating. So rather than walk away, I stayed in a situation I was unhappy with, and cheated with a friend once. Looking back I know it was immature, and I learned from it. I should have left when I know I didn't want to be with him anymore. Haven't cheated since.

4. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I cheated. Like others mentioned, it's definitely a maturity thing. And also has a lot to do with self-acceptance. I was 18. My boyfriend was 25. We were definitely at two different points mentally and emotionally. (I just turned 24 and could not imagine dating an 18 year old) I was depressed and I felt like he wasn't there for me. I just started my sophomore year of college and met this other dude on campus who was a senior. We became close and he used to come over to my apartment, spend the night or leave at like 4am in the morning. We didn't do anything sexually at first, so I didn't think it was bad. We would just chill, talk, and watch tv. I confided in him and he was really comforting and accepting. One day we kissed. I felt guilty, and told my boyfriend. We broke up. My depression got worse, this other dude helped me out of it, and we ended up being fuck buddies for the rest of the school year. In the end, this new fuck buddy situation ended up being even more emotionally manipulative and toxic than my initial relationship. But I stayed because I had issues with self acceptance. We broke things off at the end of my sophomore year.

Basically if you lack maturity and self-acceptance, shit like this happens. I'm a lot more mature now and wouldn't do it again.