'It Was Just a Kiss': Gay Tourist Speaks About Attack in Miami Beach

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Apr 6, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    My first thought was WTF is the boyfriend (in the black tank top) doing as his boyfriend/partner is being beaten up. Then I see the larger black dude forcibly pushing him back with one hand. These dudes were bullies and used their size to intimidate the twinks. If it were not overused by feminist, this is the perfect example of masculinity being so fragile.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    A man who was attacked after kissing his boyfriend in a Miami Beach bar said Monday his “biggest injury has been all the emotional trauma.”

Police said an as-yet-unidentified man body-slammed Jordan Schaeffer and punched him in the face while locking his legs around Schaeffer’s neck in a submission hold March 14, the Miami Herald reported.

Schaeffer, 25, who lives in Los Angeles, told WTVJ-TV his attacker walked up to him and called him a “f----t” after he and Eric Danko kissed.

“It was just a simple kiss with my boyfriend,” Schaeffer said. He shared photos with the news station of his face bloodied and swollen after the attack.

“The biggest injury has been all the emotional trauma,” Schaeffer said. “We were going to Miami for a relaxing weekend and it was traumatizing.”

Investigators are searching for the assailant and another man seen in security-camera footage fighting off people trying to help Schaeffer at Burger King’s Whopper Bar on Washington Ave.

"We are still asking for the public's help" identifying and locating the suspects, Miami Beach police spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said in an email Monday night.

Members of the police department attended Monday’s opening event for Miami Beach Pride Week. The department tweeted “Proud to be there” in response to City Manager Jimmy Morales tweet thanking everyone who participated. The weeklong festival will feature a parade Sunday.

Yet Schaeffer told the TV station he believes his attacker targeted him just because he’s gay.

“We're in 2016 and especially in a city like Miami Beach, where I thought being homosexual would be pretty accepted, it's just not right that anyone should suffer," Schaeffer said.

[​IMG]

2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Really dude...you learned MMA just to attack some gay twinks who you clearly outweigh??

Jdudre and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Another shameful incident from my home state. This is ridiculous. Whenever I see reactions like this it makes me want to think that the attacker is really probably struggling with his own set of gay demons. I feel like if you have this kind of violent response to two men kissing, you are either some kind of psychopath/sociopath or you are desperately trying to suppress something.

It is always the one that deny it the hardest or shout the loudest that are the ones with the biggest secrets. See, i.e., Alabama Pro-Family Governor Bentley.

Jdudre and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I don't condone extreme violence but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Personally if I were the little helpless guy watching someone I care for get stomped, I'd have grabbed the chair and knocked the hell out of tank top from behind and done the same to mma.
    I refuse to accept losing a fight and believe all bets are off if you engage me.

5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

@Tyroc exactly. About six years ago, when my little brother was 10 years old he convinced me to sign up with him this mixed martial arts (classic form not MMA) class...at first I was like I am a grown man, this is not for me, six years later both me and my husband working on our 2nd degrees.

There is no way in hell am I gonna sit by and stand still without going crazy if my man was getting beat like that. I grabbing shit, throwing shit, doing something...

#5 BlackguyExecutive, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I believe opinion that old hood saying, "don't start none, won't be none"
    And yup grab shyt, throw shyt, stomp shyt, gauge shyt, blind em or choke em out.

7. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    It saddens me that no one ever wants to get involved. Had this been a hood fight in Holly Grove, there would have been multiple angles from 8 phones and people would have been racing to get it on World star first. I mean none of them used credit cards to pay for their food and that can't be matched with the time stamp on the tape?

BlackguyExecutive and Tyroc dapped this.
  8. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Let this be notification to all that homophobia and racism still exists... also, I live in Miami and south beach is not the gay friendly place it once use to be. everyone should be on guard when they visit, especially those planning to come down for Sizzle / memorial day weekend.

Jdudre, grownman and alton dapped this.
  9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    wow

10. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I was in South Beach a few years back, and honestly I didn't get the "Gay Friendly" vibe, either.

11. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Well I was just at South Beach for Spring Break and it was cool. I didn't have any bad vibes. Gay boys ran the streets just like I did with my twin bro and our other friends. It was fun.

Anyway it does hurt to see this though. I do want to attend Sizzle, Blatino Oasis, Black gay pride (ATL MLK wkend) and some of those other events at least ONCE in my life. Guess I need to sign up for a martial arts class or a concealed handgun license...

12. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Just be aware that white gay men have the ability to use their whiteness to play victim or help paint a narrative of black men in the media, including gay black men (Dallas BBQ incident), especially when they fuck with the wrong one and can't fight.

Witnesses allege Miami Beach Burger King attack wasn’t a hate crime

:camby:

Let's see how this unfolds if it's even followed after this.

Jdudre and grownman dapped this.
  13. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Tried messaging you @OhSheit . hit me back

14. Tom Brown

Tom Brown Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Not looking
    These are white Latinos we are talking about here. Maybe this guy called him the "N" word as a counter to the "F" word and the black guy responded this way. This makes sense to me that the black guy couldn't just be targeting these guys for their sexuality. If that was the case, why was the other partner spared? We as a black gay community should understand the racial component to this as well is all I'm saying.

OhSheit dapped this.
  15. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :flav: