Best Posts in Thread: Jack’d Leak: Dating App 'Exposes Millions of Private Photos'

1. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I keep tellin yall to join me in making the warriorsforchrist app pop, but yall wanna keep playin w the jakd...

2. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I was expecting this to happen at some point. Any picture uploaded to the internet should be considered public by default IMHO.
    Also, S3 buckets accidentally made public was the highlight of engineering fuckups in 2017-2018 majors incidents were the U.S Department of Defense(lol) and GoDaddy.
    Someone literally keeps a list on Github of the many companies that have "accidentally" made S3 data public nagwww/s3-leaks
    The problem with that particular AWS service is because it's a Swiss Army knife. it is essentially like Google Drive on steroids. which is both what's good and bad about it. For instance, you can host your blog, document or anything on there anything you want to be public. I keep my resumé on an S3 bucket and just share the link on my personal website for recruiters to see.

On the other hand, we use it at my job to store encrypted secret data and other sensitive data. The problem? A few years ago, It was incredibly easy to make everything public