Journalist and Former MSNBC Host Touré Accused of Sexual Harassment By Former Coworker

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Jan 12, 2019.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I really thought dude was gay because of his disposition and his constant use of the word queer... but um....

[​IMG]

Journalist and Former MSNBC Host Touré Accused of Sexual Harassment By Former Coworker

[​IMG]
    The Surviving R. Kelly docuseries on Lifetime brought out some terrifying revelations about the R&B singer who has thus far avoided facing any consequences for his actions. In as much as we have learned a lot about Kelly and his abusive behavior, we have also been made aware of the reported behavior of some of the men who spoke out against him in the documentary.

One such person is music journalist and former MSNBC host Touré Neblett. Neblett, who works professionally under the mononym Touré, appeared in the documentary speaking out about Kelly and the 2008 interview he conducted with the singer for BET.

The interview has remained notable because when Touré asked Kelly if he was into teenage girls, Kelly infamously responded “When you say teenage, how old are we talking.”

[​IMG]
    After the documentary aired last week, Touré made an appearance on The Clubhouse With Mouse Jones podcast along with fellow journalist Jamilah Lemieux to once again discuss Kelly.

The show posted an advertisement for the appearance on its Instagram account, and in the comments, a young woman named “Dani” alleged that Touré had sexually harassed her in the past.

[​IMG]
    Dani, a makeup artist who goes by the name danimakeup on Instagram, explained that she worked with Touré every Monday on a show during 2017. She said he could not stop asking her lewd and inappropriate questions including if she would “do anal,” how she looked naked, what it would be like to “fuck” her and what his “cum” would look like on her face.

“Every Monday I used to work with him on a show in 2017 and he couldn’t stop asking me to do anal, how I looked naked, if I had sex over the weekend, what it would be like to fuck me, what his cum would look like on my face....,” she wrote. “I had to have the crew stay in the room [with] me while I got him ready.... And when I left I called HR.... He got fired instantly. He wrote me a huge apology for doing that in my DMs. Still have it. He did a ‘20/20’ shoot in 2018, and I was there, and he walked out. Told the producer that he was ‘embarrassed [because] he was inappropriate with a staff member.’ He really needs to take a seat.”

Dani further explained that things got so bad, she had to ask the crew to stay in the room with her whenever she worked with him. When she quit, she went to HR with her concerns, and Touré was reportedly fired “instantly” according to her account.

She went on to say that after she left, she had a male makeup artist put in to replace her. She said the male makeup artist later messaged her and told her that Touré was hitting on him as well.

The comments have since been deleted from The Clubhouse With Mouse Jones Instagram post.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dani told Essence in an exclusive interview that she received an apology from Touré via a DM on Instagram in 2017, and she provided screenshots of the apology, Touré’s rep told Essence that he left Time, Inc of his own accord after his contract was up.

“Look, I’ve learned a lot watching this happen,” he wrote in a private message to Dani. “The way I teased you is no longer funny to me.”

Touré also responded to Essence via his rep and said: “On the show, our team, including myself, engaged in edgy, crass banter, that at the time I did not think was offensive for our tight-knit group. I am sorry for my language and for making her feel uncomfortable in any way. As a lead on the show, I should have refrained from this behavior. I have learned and grown from this experience.”

That’s not really a good excuse when you are out here making yourself an authority on other abusers such as R. Kelly and Harvey Weinstein, but OK, sir.

Touré was scheduled to do an interview with Terry Crews on Thursday, but the actor sent out a tweet the same day indicating the interview had been canceled.

https://www.theroot.com/journalist-and-former-msnbc-host-toure-accused-of-sexua-1831694565

SB3 dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Me too! And his lips were always wet as hell on those VH1 I Love The... Shows. I just knew he was on Team Ding A Ling

I'm am not a TC fan but this is funny as hell to me!

Winston Smith, OckyDub and SB3 dapped this.
  3. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    "I really thought dude was gay..."

I thought the same about Miss Paris Dennard. LMAO

4. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I knew he 'wasn't gay' because he was on Wendy's radio show back in the day and her whole crew felt flabbergasted, hoodwinked, and bamboozled when he said he was married to a woman. But yea, I didn't expect all this, but he does just LOOK shady. Ijs

Winston Smith, ControlledXaos and alton dapped this.
  5. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I thought this was going to be the 1st paragraph lol:sass2:

I wish ppl realized pan-sexual and bi sexual people actually exist . They can fall in love with either gender (trans too) and get married.

BrentForays, SB3, OckyDub and 1 other person dapped this.
  6. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is one of the reasons when ur at work or doing a job it soo important to at professional. Its ok to be cordial and what not. But ppl will take ur jokes n friendly-ness for something else.
    100dap

Lancer, Dante, OckyDub and 1 other person dapped this.
  7. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    That's why IDFW my coworkers after work. Only one person in my department is cute enough to halfway consider messing around with and he's straight but the type of nerdy geek that he's probably dating white girls only.

I can imagine telling someone I work with I wonder what my cum would look like on their face. He's not even that hot. Juicy lipped ass.

Dante and OckyDub dapped this.
  8. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    100dap

9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :wtf::troll:

Dante, mojoreece and Winston Smith dapped this.
  10. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:

Can't. Lol

mojoreece and OckyDub dapped this.
  11. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Ok, his wife is white, can I get some interracial outrage from black women going? Lol.

I’m loathe to jump on the condemnation bandwagon without proper legal vetting, but he admits creating an employment atmosphere that was “edgy”. As someone whose always been Mike Pence-like around women even in social settings (never made sexual jokes, innuendo, or even comment on wardrobe), I feel sorry for guys who joked and played around with females thinking they were being modern and relaxed with the opposite sex only to have it turned around on them.

12. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Mouse Jones can def get some knowledge from me! LOL