JUNETEENTH - Instead of Complaining, I Will Be Celebrating

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nick Delmacy, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Juneteenth officially becoming a Federal holiday has generated a lot of discussion on social media over the past 24 hours. There has also been a great deal of negativity, even from a lot of Black people. I've purposely chosen to ignore all of that and focus on the positive.

I survived the pandemic, both medically and financially.

I survived 4 years of Donald Trump being the most powerful man on the planet Earth.

I even survived Disney's sequel trilogy to Star Wars.

And now I have Juneteenth.

You can be a Candance Owens and have a knee-jerk negative attitude towards it. Or you can ease up and enjoy the day, if not for yourself then for your ancestors.

That's a reason to celebrate...and I will do so on this website that I love by dropping some archival videos of beautiful Black people celebrating the holiday even before it was recognized by the United States government.

Juan-Carlos and Winston Smith dapped this.
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Very positive post Nick. Yep, some of us have been celebrating or acknowledging it since before it became fashionable among the younger black blogosphere types at MSNBC or The Root (as well as not needing white media like "Watchmen" to teach us the black history we should have gotten from grandparents and parents).

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    My only complaint is how VP Harris dumbed down the narrative during the signing ceremony into a white savior story, as if black folk in Texas had no idea about the Emancipation Proclamation and were ignorantly picking cotton until some white Union General gave them the word. As a black veteran, I know that just the military portion of that narrative is not so simple. Plus you need to understand world and Mexican history to fully understand all the machinations involved in Juneteenth and America's uses of it and the blackTexan population.It wasn't just the simple slave narrative that Harris and all the skinning grinning niggas of the CBC waiting around for souvenir pens from Biden make it out to be.