Justice League's Ray Fisher Calls Out WB, DC Over New Gods Cancellation

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Nov 7, 2021.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Zack Snyder's Justice League star Ray Fisher criticized Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Toby Emmerich and DC Films President Walter Hamada for what he claims was scapegoating the Snyder Cut as the reason behind Ava DuVernay's New Gods being canceled.

"Walter Hamada and Toby Emmerich trying to use Zack Snyder’s Justice League as a scapegoat for canceling The New Gods movie is sad and cowardly…" Fisher tweeted.

"I just like DC Comics. I loved New Gods, which is the project that got axed," DuVernay recently explained. "The studio decided that they did not want to pursue a certain part of that comic world based on some things that were going on with another film in that world, so before I even was able to kind of complete my script with Tom King, they axed it." DuVernay did not name the other project with a plotline that affected New Gods. However, Zack Snyder's Justice League, released in March 2021, begins with Darkseid seeking to conquer Earth with his parademons 5,000 years in the past and involves his emissary, Steppenwolf, seeking to finish the job in the present.

Darkseid is the major villain in the Fourth World saga from comics legend Jack Kirby. He features prominently in DC titles published in the early 1970s, including The New Gods, Mister Miracle, Forever People and Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen. Darkseid is the absolute lord of Apokolips, which is in perpetual battle with the peaceful New Genesis.

DuVernay was co-writing the New Gods film with comics scribe Tom King, who penned a 2017 Mister Miracle series. She previously revealed that the New Gods film would feature Darkseid and his elite enforcers, the Female Furies. Also to be featured were Mister Miracle, son of Highfather of New Genesis, and Big Barda, a renegade from the Female Furies who becomes Mister Miracle's wife.

Fisher has been at odds with Hamada and Emmerich over how WarnerMedia handled his allegations of "gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable" behavior on the Zack Snyder's Justice League set from director Joss Whedon, who completed the project during post-production. Fisher expanded his charges to include former DC Films President and Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and producer Jon Berg. The studio launched an investigation and issued a statement saying "remedial action" was taken. Fisher mocked the announcement and later declared he refused to work on any of Hamada's projects at Warner Bros.