Kiki n’ Brunch

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by OckyDub, Mar 7, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

As my blogging history suggets, I usually don’t subscribe to and reject the cult of HIV activism and LGBTQ PrEP awareness; for reason that can be reviewed at:

Despite my usual justified apprehensions, Kiki n’ Brunch does something that I rarely see in the PrEP / HIV mainstream activism realm…they utter the word, “condoms”. Regardless of my issues with this short film-esque PSA, I’m praising it for at least talking about PrEP and Safe Sex in a common sense way that’s digestible in an age of uber sensitive HIV/AIDs activism.

I really do appreciate the dialogue between the actors in this short. Check out the PSA below.

Read the whole post here.

NikR dapped this.
  2. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I almost missed the talk of PrEP and condom usage among the reading and shade being thrown but nice message anyway.

LeMignon, ColumbusGuy and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Ugh. Can we come up with a male tradition that doesn't ape something that ugly white chicks in a "Sex and the City" episode would do (brunch)?

ColumbusGuy, ControlledXaos and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Forgive my ignorance, but is this a "reality" show? If so it's pretty bad because ALL these mo fo's need to learn "timing" when delivering their lines.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I think this will likely resonate with a particular brand/market of Gay/SGL men.

The performance of "Brunch" is stereotypical but somewhat true. The gay brunch spots I frequent are similar without the extraness and probably more vodka.

With respect to the message. I think it is what it is. PrEp may be good for some and not for others. Similar to birth control...we should be exposed all potential methods and prevention remedies.

6. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I am wrong for being more attracted to the non black guys here? Maybe because the black guys are so stereotypical and they make the other guys seem more masc?

alton and OckyDub dapped this.
  7. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    No. Although I did dig the the black hat get up that bro on the end was wearing. Brought back memories of my favorite Prince video lol

8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Ha! They were possibly more feminine than white chicks would be-a lot more 'girl' and 'child' and 'honey' and all. Plus the average larger white chick is not as likely to stand up and twerk in the restaurant like the bigger guy did. They did do the 'eat like a bird' thing that white chicks do-they got that right. There was not enough food there for two meals for two people. They also got some gold-digging in-they get points for that.

I guess this is what they think will sell the message and resonate with the largest group so I guess it is a good thing they are talking about it though...plus what do I know about non-white young gay men anyway? And are they really that uninformed about Prep-as in never having heard of it....really? *shocked*
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Also I can't believe that six gay guys reading, shading, drinking, and twerking are not going to use one 'bad' or curse word at all. Really? Not one 'bitch' or 'hoe'?

*So what are they like on social media if they are apparently 'toned down' here LOL!

*Male tradition that is not brunch...so can you see these six around a table playing poker, downing beers and smoking cigars? "Girl we all know you are bluffing honey-you ain't got shit in that mess of a hand Miss Thang!"

Several of them were not that flamboyant really being honest-particularly muscular not-black guy on the end.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were WRONG when they said that 'one out of two African American men will be diagnosed with HIV in their lifetime'. That is NOT what the CDC said-they said that would be the case if things continue like they are now without significant change-there is a difference and they need to get it right smh.

#8 ColumbusGuy, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  9. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol I didn't mean to be racial except there weren't any black women on Sex and the City. And I work with an office full of Sarah Jessica Parkers so ...

10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    But this is exactly what ugly(and not ugly) white chicks would do. You know, you work with them. Gossiping, drinking cocktails, eating like a bird, etc, reading in shading(in their own way). I didn't take it in any racial way. It ain't just white women. Sex and the City was about white women, and you work with white women and all, so it made sense to me.

I have had problems with white women/know how they can be cliquish catty bitches. The only real problems I have had with black women was when they found out I was gay, unfortunately. :(

11. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol, yeah, white woman homophobia and black woman homophobia are two different kinds of weapons altogether. With black women, you don't see that shit coming sometimes, they just see the remains of your shadow like some Hiroshima blast...