Lawrence is ghost on season 3 of Insecure

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Aug 6, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

You’ve been warned, Lawrence Hive: There’s a good chance that Jay Ellis won’t return for Insecure’s third season. Fans witnessed Issa (Issa Rae) and Lawrence’s (Ellis) crushing good-bye at the end of season two when Lawrence discovered Issa’s relationship with Daniel (Y’lan Noel), and going by this new teaser, he’s nowhere to be seen in season three. The hive may be up in arms over the decision, but Issa Rae and showrunner Prentice Penny aren’t concerned.

“No, I don’t care!” Rae tells Vulture at Insecure Fest in L.A., regarding potential fan reactions. “We want to stay as true to life as possible. They had a great conversation at the end of season two and it was just about like, hey, she’s moving on Daniel, sometimes we have those conversations,” Rae says. “You never see the exes again. And it’s okay! You gotta explore life without Lawrence.”

Penny adds, “At the end of the day, we’re always trying to tell stories that are true and authentic. We were in the writers room and we were initially talking about, Okay, well what is he doing?… Well, he’s not in her life right now. It was hard to make stories around that.” It seems closure is closure for these two … at least for now. “We just said, well, if he’s not around, he’s not around,” Penny says. “Let’s just deal with the reality of what her life is now. Let’s be true to that, when you breakup and you have closure.”

Like it or not, it seems Lawrence’s exit will make way for new potential suitors in Issa’s life. “It was also like, well where is Issa in her life right now? What would challenge that? And you’ll see lots of people who are her love interest kind of come in and out,” Penny teases. And there won’t just be one new guy, but a few. “Or guys?… Guys! Maybe. I think people will be rooting for her like they kind of always do, to make the right choice.” Work that hoetation, Issa!

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/issa-rae-insecure-season-3-is-taking-a-break-from-lawrence.html

Juan-Carlos dapped this.
  2. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Not to sound like a tele-slut, but I liked to see him naked. Nice chocolate looking.

Man if their was a black gay series like this, it'd be cool. Insecure kinda reminds me of Soul Food on Showtime.

3. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm not trippin. Unlike a lot of folks, I always thought Daniel was the better looking one. I'll take a dark skinned scruffy dude over a tall lightskinned pretty boy.

4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    wait...how is Lawrence light skinned?

5. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Brown skinned, light skinned. Whatever. Lighter than Daniel. I like dark skinned dudes.

6. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Right. Plus, Lawrence is finer.