Lil Duval: Comedian or homophobe?

Discussion in 'Comedy' started by RolandG, Aug 2, 2017.

1. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Most black male comedians are homophobic, I've been writing about this for years. Nothing new here.

Cyrus-Brooks, Dante, mojoreece and 2 others dapped this.
  3. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Yeah. Yet they remain popular in black communities which says a lot about how the black community feels about gay people. I'm trying to think of any white comics who are as blatantly homophobic and still popular.

Cyrus-Brooks and I-Stay-Woke dapped this.
  4. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Yea you are right, black comedians being homophobic to a black audience is still pretty much tolerated. Maybe not as much as it use to be, but it still is. However I think what comedians do realize these days is that to become more than a "chitlin circuit" comedian you better damn well be more progressive in your thinking, because major corporations and networks aren't having that shit. The gay dollar and friends of gay dollar is too powerful.

In Lil Duvals case, I think he pretty much knows he aint gonna be shit on a larger scale, is a fairly ignorant ass dude that comes off as comedy to a black audience, and he is ok with being that. Which is why he doesn't see a reason to apologize even outside the fact of not thinking he didn't say anything left field. Its pretty much a mute point.

I don't want him to apologize. Just like I don't want racist people to apologize. For what? Keep your pathetic apology to appease people and try to salvage your image. If thats what you believe, believe it with convection and stand by your free speech. It works both ways. Example - The transgender community has the free speech to destroy dudes ass as much as possible and use their gay allies and straight allies to shut down any possible career avenues Lil Duval potentially had on the horizon.

Free speech should be respected just don't think its not without CONSEQUENCES.

5. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Most black comedians know that using gay and transgender people as verbal punching bags in their jokes is an easy and cheap way to get laughs even in 2017. I think it says more about the black community than it does the comic. This issue is one of the many reasons we will never come together as a group or be taken seriously by others. Many black people are "pro- black" with lots of caveats. To be honest though many if not most black comedians are really not funny. They tend to rely on the same tired shtick of racial jokes and homophobia for laughs......boring!!

I-Stay-Woke and Omega Level dapped this.
  6. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Him being an "a'phobe" or not to me is not the issue. The issues are:
    1. Transgendered women who still have penises, chasing after, sleeping with and not sharing the fact they have a penis to their heterosexual partners.
    2. What are the consequences to the deception and what is the victims recourse?
    3. What is the proper way to handle the situation if you're a victim of the deception and who deems that 'way' proper or improper?

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  7. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    These are valid questions that could open a can of worms too.

Your first point though...He said he might/would kill them even if he found out they use to have a penis. So still having a penis and having reassignment are equally deceptive to some. But let's say if there were consequences do we separate the two? One, you bring her home and you find out she has a penis and the other you're having consensual vaginal sex with them and you found out later on they were born male. Both deception but should there be a difference in the offense or no? I guess a part of my ignorance calls bullshit on anyone that says they were tricked into having sex with a trans women and didn't know. Like how can you NOT know or tell the difference once you have sex? Especially if they have a penis. But whatever. I don't know if agree with decisions to prosecute trans people for not disclosing their birth gender and I def. don't think it warrants death either, but that you cannot control how people are going to react. All of this is tricky.

Anyway, I understand where he's coming from and the transphobia is expected but my issue is that he's a black man essentially "advocating" violence while live on the air. Comedians are offensive all the time but this was an interview and he could have spinned those questions/said something else (funny). Just to look out for your brand and all. If this was Kevin Hart he'd probably be fucked. But this won't hurt Lil Duvual's career one bit because he's not a mainstream cat. I mean what BLACK gigs does he even get nowadays?

8. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Sex can be many things other than penetrative intercourse. If they give head, there isn't a need for them to be nude or undress.

I can't begin the conversation in the middle. There is an origin and that origin is deception. If the deceptors are not being held responsible or accountable for their actions then how can we talk about what their victims should or shouldn't do or how they should react? Our society has so much compassion and empathy for women (and even those who want to be them) that we don't care when men and boys are their victims.

Not saying this is you, but the passive response from men being deceived and preyed upon by women and how the world is on high alert right now concerning "stealthing" to me proves my point.

9. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Well, it's not really compassion/empathy for trans women for me, it's more of a lack of understanding what to do in the situation. I don't know to what to really think of. To what extent should they be held accountable? Should there be rape charges? What if they don't even have sex, should there still be consequences? Is it equivalent to failing to disclose HIV status? All these questions and more pop up in my head.

OckyDub dapped this.