Login Issues - Unify authentication

Discussion in 'Site Questions, Support and Feedback' started by Infinite_loop, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I know I've already asked about this but I am still having some issues with the login for cypher.com and cypher.com/boards

I have reset my password but didn't receive anything on my email, even looked in the spam folder.

Instead of having two different authentications, can you unify them so that the one I use for cypher.com/boards, also works for cypher.com?

2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This will probably be an issue for some time to come. Both sites use completely different databases that we're jimmy rigging together for old membership connections.

We're (slowly) phasing out those old credentials and may have to delete them altogether some day in the future for these issues to go away.

As a matter of fact, you're more active here than ever with your old account. It may be easy for me to just delete that account data altogether. I'll look into it more.

The only thing I can recommend for now is to always sign in on The Boards FIRST, THEN visit the main site if you want to be logged in over there while viewing that content.

3. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Haha yea. I am definitely more active here. Thanks for letting me know! I am glad you guys are working on it.

As for logging in, I usually just stay on the boards, because every time I try to move to cypher.com I get redirected to "login purgatory" :sadcam: that is difficult to get out of, unless I close the browser tab.

4. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah I've heard someone else say this...hard to test it out because it doesn't do this on my end, even with a dummy account that I created just to test it.

I'd recommend trying a couple more things:

1.) Remember the site is CypherAvenue.com, not cypher.com

2.) Completely log out of both sides of the site. Then go to The Boards, check the "keep me logged in" button and sign in.

3.) Go back to CypherAvenue.com and let the system automatically recognize that you're already logged in on The Boards. You should be able to browse the main site normally then.

Let me know if it still gives you the problem after following those steps.

5. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I can't stay logged in every time move or do anything on the site it logs me out I can't even log back in without resetting my password

6. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Question: Does this happen on multiple computers and devices? Are you kicked off when you visit the site on mobile devices?

I ask because it could be a cookies and browser cache issue. If you clear the cookies and cache, that often resolves issues like this. I'll also check things on our end as well.

But I haven't heard of this issue happening to anyone else lately (it happened a lot when we first launched The Boards over a year ago), which could mean it could be a bug only on your end.

Check the site on a different computer and let me know what happens. Thanks.