Looks Like Disney Is "Forcing" Mark Hamill To Do Damage Control

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by Nick Delmacy, Dec 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    landscape-1492676508-luke-skywalker-mark-hamill-star-wars.jpg

Mark Hamill regrets trash-talking Luke Skywalker's direction in 'The Last Jedi'

Mark Hamill regrets trash-talking Luke Skywalker's direction in 'The Last Jedi'

The Dark Side of the Force even gets to Jedi masters.

Mark Hamill took to Twitter on Tuesday, the day after Christmas, to apologize for the smack-talking he put out to the universe about the direction of his character, Luke Skywalker, in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

"I regret voicing my doubts & insecurities in public," Hamill wrote. "Creative differences are a common element of any project but usually remain private. All I wanted was to make (a) good movie. I got more than that."

Hamill, who added the hashtag #HumbledHamill, said that Last Jedi director Rian Johnson "made an all-time GREAT one!"

In an interview for Vanity Fair posted in May, Hamill recounted a discussion he had with Johnson after reading the script featuring the full return of Skywalker in The Last Jedi.

“I, at one point, had to say to Rian, ‘I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you’ve created and do my best to realize your vision,' " Hamill recalled.

interview with the Spanish outlet SensaCine, an emotional Hamill said, “I almost had to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he’s Jake Skywalker — he’s not my Luke Skywalker. But I had to do what Rian wanted me to do because it serves the story well."

In an interview with The Daily News, Hamill called himself "the host body to which this character has been assigned."

"That’s the problem. When I disagree with the direction of the character, I get a little mouthy,” he said. “Like when the trailer came out and the line is, ‘It’s time for the Jedi to end.’ There’s no way, I don’t care what happened to this guy. Jedis do not give up. It’s just inherent in them.”

Hamill's comments have not stopped The Last Jedi from soaring to $792 million worldwide (and counting) at the box office, with a 91% critical score on the review site RottenTomatoes.com.

Audiences have been more disgruntled, giving The Last Jedi a 52% approval score on RottenTomatoes.

2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    To be fair, he never said The Last Jedi was a bad movie. He merely stated that he disagreed with the direction of his character, one that has been a major part of his life for 40 years. He has the right to voice that opinion, especially when he STILL did a great job portraying the character that Rian Johnson wanted despite his concerns.

mojoreece and alton dapped this.