Man Who Beat Transgender Woman Takes Plea Deal

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Apr 6, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    The brute who fatally beat Islan Nettles in 2013 took a plea deal Monday on the eve of his manslaughter trial.

James Dixon, 25, copped to manslaughter in the eleventh hour before jury selection was set to begin in what was expected to be an emotional trial about a bias-driven killing.

Dixon is expected to get 12 years behind bars for his admission — an offer he rejected on March 17 when it was first made by Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Robert Stolz.

Dixon was facing a range of 5 to 25 years behind bars.

Last week, a different judge, Daniel Convsier, ruled that a damning confession Dixon made in 2013 would be admissible at trial.

In the taped statement, which would have been seen by the jury, Dixon admitted his “manhood” was threatened when he learned that Nettles, who he was “hollering at” in front of a group of pals, was transgender.

Dixon lost his cool and savagely attacked Nettles in what he told cops was a “blind fury” on Eighth Ave. near W. 148th St. on Aug. 17, 2013.

He claimed he didn’t know the damage he had done until he heard gossip about the incident in the neighborhood.

Police originally suspected another man, Paris Wilson, was responsible. Wilson was eventually cleared after Dixon’s confession.

[​IMG]

2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I wonder if he would have gotten a 12 year deal with the damning confession and all if he had savagely beaten an upper middle class white transgender person? I doubt it. Twelve years for a brutal senseless savage killing.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Sad to be so young and stupid to take a life and throw yours away because you couldn't control yourself.

SB3, Cyrus-Brooks and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    IF he had beaten a woman to death, he would have gotten more time.

SB3 and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    If he had beaten a white woman or even a white transgender woman he would have been thrown under the prison. 'She' was not just the wrong gender, she was also the wrong color Ocky. I really don't think most white society really gives a shit about blacks killing other blacks as long as whites are not involved or it is not in a white neighborhood or a mall popular with whites, etc.

I have brought this up on other boards...how the black murder rate is lower than it was but how it is still insanely high, how homicide is the leading cause of accidental death among young black men, how this is a national health crisis, and the response is basically 'meh'. These insane crime rates have been going on for about 50 years now, it is just the new 'normal' and I think many whites just see it that way and don't give it much thought(or attention) unless it effects whites in some particular way.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  6. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    What hasn't been discussed is the subtext of black male masculinity being behind his "blind rage." He felt he had an anti-gay rep to maintain in front of his boys. I'm sure his friends were teasing him, even if the trans woman Nettles wasn't actually trying to holla at him.

SB3 and LeMignon dapped this.
  7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    He ain't shit, and deserves to do every minute he gets. 'Gay panic'?! Fuk outta here. This dude killed someone because of his fragile ego.

Side note, not that it has anything to do w the sentence for this case, but I do think that trans ppl need to be up front in their dating lives. I know that rejection is heavy, but, oh well, welcome to the real world.

alton dapped this.