Meal Prep

Discussion in 'Food and Diet' started by bisonboy, Sep 19, 2015.

1. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    So I made a pledge at work to meal prep my lunches for work for the next three weeks. I have done 2 weeks and have my meat thawing out for week 3. I am proud of myself for that and I have even meal prepped parts of my breakfast through the week as well. I watched one video on meal prepping a couple of weeks ago and it was helpful. Anyone have any tips on meal prepping? @African King

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I pretty much just make more than enough for one or two weeks. As my supply in the fridge starts running out, i bring some out of the freezer to begin thawing. The key is time management because meal prep takes a long time when you are cooking for one or more weeks.

3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Every other week I do meal prepping...enough for like 9-10 days worth of meals...mainly because it prevents me from eating so much junk food. I'm a lazy cook who really only prepares food when I'm already hungry, so that leads to bad eating habits. Having healthy food already prepared keeps me on track somewhat.

The main tip I can provide is to season your meat in multiple ways so that you don't get bored with the meals:

[​IMG]

4. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I concur bro! I do the same thing with Ocky's easy bake chicken recipe. I use different Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Seasonings.

5. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Breakfast is a killer for me.

I have a natural egg aversion so i can't eat them. Breakfast biscuits were killing me. Chik Fil A, Bojanles, McDonalds... while they are good, or okay, the biscuits and their carbs were doing me no favors. Protein shakes are cool and all but they leave me hungry after a few hours.

So... I went to oatmeal. But savory oatmeal. Steel cut oats seasoned with sausage and cheese. The oats stick to my stomach longer so I'm not hungry until lunch so I don't have to 'snack' between breakfast and lunch. A small pot of it lasts a week. A minute or so in the microwave and I'm done. Best time saver for me.

6. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    My oatmeal keeps me full as well! I stick to original almond milk with cinnamon. Never heard of oatmeal with Sausage and Cheese but I bet it tastes good! I have had grits with butter, cheese and sausage though!

7. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Well I basically am using the oats as a one would grits for say, shrimp and grits. It works really well. You steel oats don't taste 'oatmealy' and they just absorb the taste of whatever you cook them in/season with. If I wanted sweet oats, they would probably work well for that too. They take about 30 minutes to cook, heat up well so I've got 5 days worth of breakfast for 35 minutes of work.

8. sekou

sekou I be Jamaican
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    upload_2015-9-22_9-23-33.png upload_2015-9-22_9-24-26.png

Yeah meal prep is king.. I stay away from most street food .. I lack self control and would eat down the place if I didnt put myself on a leash. So i wake up at about 5 am and deal wid my meals for the day. My fitnesspal helps.

ControlledXaos dapped this.