Monday Foolery Over Hurr!

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Dante, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Man Sings An Adele-Inspired Apology To Judge During Court Sentencing

“Hello there, your honor. I want to say I’m sorry for the things I’ve done.”

03/17/2016 05:11 pm ET

Cole Delbyck Entertainment Writer, The Huffington Post
    A Michigan man broke out in song during his court sentencing for unlawful imprisonment and carrying a concealed weapon last week. In an impassioned plea to the judge, he riffed upon the melody of the universally beloved Adele ballad, “Hello,” to apologize for his crimes.

Brian Earl Taylor, 21, who was arrested in November 2015 for holding a gun to another man’s abdomen during a robbery in Ypsilanti, Michigan, performed his rendition in a room full of onlookers to appeal to Washtenaw County Trial Court Judge Darlene O’Brien, according to MLive.

Police suspected that Taylor and two other people held a 23-year-old man at gunpoint, forced him into a vehicle and drove to the man’s apartment to rob him.

“Hello there, your honor,” Taylor sang. “I want to say I’m sorry for the things I’ve done and I’ll try and be stronger in this life I chose, but I want you to know — that door, I closed.”

“And your honor I’m sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry,” he finished.

Taylor proceeded to apologize to his mother and the victim in the minute-long performance. He also expressed to the judge that he plans to get a degree in business management from Eastern Michigan University and become more involved in his local church to be a better role model for his younger brother and provide for his mother.

A Michigan man broke out in song during his court sentencing for unlawful imprisonment and carrying a concealed weapon last week. In an impassioned plea to the judge, he riffed upon the melody of the universally beloved Adele ballad, “Hello,” to apologize for his crimes.

Brian Earl Taylor, 21, who was arrested in November 2015 for holding a gun to another man’s abdomen during a robbery in Ypsilanti, Michigan, performed his rendition in a room full of onlookers to appeal to Washtenaw County Trial Court Judge Darlene O’Brien, according to MLive.

Police suspected that Taylor and two other people held a 23-year-old man at gunpoint, forced him into a vehicle and drove to the man’s apartment to rob him.

“Hello there, your honor,” Taylor sang. “I want to say I’m sorry for the things I’ve done and I’ll try and be stronger in this life I chose, but I want you to know — that door, I closed.”

“And your honor I’m sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry,” he finished.

Taylor proceeded to apologize to his mother and the victim in the minute-long performance. He also expressed to the judge that he plans to get a degree in business management from Eastern Michigan University and become more involved in his local church to be a better role model for his younger brother and provide for his mother.

Although O’Brien stated that Taylor was “obviously a talented young man,” she denied his request that he only serve 36 months, so he can complete his degree by the age of 26, according to MLive. Instead, the judge stated that the minimum sentencing range for his crimes was 50 to 100 months.

Despite his moving performance, Taylor was sentenced to two years in prison for carrying a concealed weapon and 18 months to 15 years for the unlawful imprisonment charge. MLive reports that five additional charges against him in the case were dismissed.

Before serving time for the weapons charge, however, Taylor will first serve a sentence for a previous parole violation.

2. TheEdge

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I was like :khart2: when he started singing. Looks like the court took this seriously though.

3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I am glad hes sorry for what he did but I cant feel too sorry. He kidnapped a hard working person with a gun and took him to his house to to rob him of his things he worked hard for. Gets no sympathy from me. I cant stand a thief or robber!

#3 mojoreece, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Tyroc dapped this.