NICK'S ADVENTURES IN LOS ANGELES - #2

Discussion in 'Dating and Relationships' started by Nick Delmacy, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This week I went out with a 30 yr old dude who is super DISCREET...I wouldn't call him "D.L." just super private.

I'd met him (and very briefly kicked it with him) years ago in ATL but he was in L.A. now so we reconnected.

He's so discreet, he didn't even know about all the black gay web series, gay clubs/parties, gay socialites, gay celebs that have come out, etc...

He didn't even know about non-gay-hookup apps like Tinder. When I showed it to him, he was visibly upset that you not only put face pics on there but it's also connected to your...Facebook account?!

It got even more interesting when we discussed his sex/dating life...he was mad vague on what he wants dating-wise, even after I pressed him...

He kinda wants a relationship, but doesn't want to call it that. Just wants a friend that he fux around with occasionally, but not with the pressure of doing anything every time they "hangout."

You mean Friends with Benefits, I asked...

Nah, he replied. That label implied they weren't very close friends, he wants a friend so close he can talk to them about anything...

You mean a Relationship, I asked...

Nah, that's too serious, he replied...

By that point I was confused (and bored).

He also def doesn't ever want str8 friends/family to think he's gay based on any person he brings around them...so he's super selective. They have to pass the "masculinity test."

I passed that test but I think I failed the "discreet level test" since I'm clearly more immersed into gay culture and comfortable with str8 people finding out that I'm gay.

It was a weird night. In hindsight, he wasn't that much different than when I met him, not much "growth." But back then I was feeling almost the same, so we meshed somewhat well. I've come a long way.

This time around, he def showed me that no matter how fine or masc the dude is, I'm no longer interested in someone who is cripplingly in the closet or ambiguous about what he wants.

NewAfrikan, SB3, MegamanX and 3 others dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Just another example of how the dominate Hetero Supremacist society AND Gay Culture can have such a negative impact to the point of crippling sexualities.

SB3 and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  3. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah I don't mind dating someone who is discreet about telling other's he is not close to but also as a reply to @Ockydub advice video, I could not date someone who is out to their family. I think it takes someone who is willing to put up with being kept a secret from a potential boyfriend's family and friends to date someone like that.

Keep doing your thing @Nick Delmacy. You will eventually find a promising dude.

4. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I am always cautious of dudes that are Super Discreet. He has lived in ATL and now LA and is STILL acts the way he does? NO! He did not even know about Tinder? Has he been living under a rock even if he is not ''into gay life'' he would have heard of it from his str8 friends, LA times article, seen an online banner or overheard ppl talking about it.
    ''He also def doesn't ever want str8 friends/family to think he's gay based on any person he brings around them...so he's super selective. They have to pass the "masculinity test."...guys like this kill me. One will never be ''straight'' enough for them, they will always be on the alert for any gay expression or sign that they will quickly tell/correct you with ''cut it out with that gay shit''line. It will feel like a prison with them. They have have this over specific expectation and qualities they want in a mate in their head, that I feel only a 'Sims' or 'Mass Effect' character creation profile can fulfill.
    I wish you all the very best as you search and hopefully find this super discreet/just super private, masculine, straight acting dude you desire. Also since you in LA have you tried going on a date with someone that isn't black? You never know this dude you looking for might come in another Hue.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  5. Dean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I can understand exactly this dude complex way of thinking . I'm slick happy I'm not the only one who feels this way. I tried having that cool azz friend situation but I started to feel like the objectified chick that has to say "hey not tonight we really are JUSt chilling" and later when you doze off his hands starts to go on a tour of their own. #stuck

#5 Dean, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  6. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    Why are gay men sooo obsessed w creating new labels for things? You wanna be close, but not committed on paper, but always avail on demand, and lay up, and _____, but u don't want to call a spade a damn spade.

7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    So, where are parts 1 and 3?