Now that my Nipples have Your Attention

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by OckyDub, Jul 21, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    nipples.png

As as non-heterosexual "watcher" (a media viewer who is not a follower or fan of the person/s they're viewing) observing the social commentary presented by other black non-heterosexual men, it’s hard for me to take their critical analysis seriously when they film their videos shirtless. Many times, I will not even watch past a minute or two.

Having consumed youtube media for over 10 yrs, Gay men are the only men I've seen do this consistently outside of beach/pool/sports settings; albeit with less frequency in the last couple of years.

What does that say about gay culture if non-heterosexual men feel one of the only ways to get other men to view their content and hear what they have to say, is if they show their man nipples or nude torsos?

Regardless if you view them as attractive or appealing, could you take Lester Holt, Don Lemon, Ta-Nehisi Coates or Van Jones seriously if they were delivering news or social commentary about critical issues facing the Black community while shirtless on social media?

SB3 and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    It gets views and clicks.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    If they were alway shirtless for no reason, I could not take them serious when talking about critical issue. Unless your a fitness personal/trainer demonstrating exercises or some type of vacation tropical beach vlogger (which is a different type of journalism) there's no need for a serious journalist to not be fully clothed. It would have to have an educational purpose for them not be fully clothed.

Like when CNN's TJ Holmes went shirtless to get a medical physical trying to "encourage" (lol) people to go to the doctor. He hadn't been to the doctor in 10 years.

upload_2017-7-22_5-36-2.jpeg upload_2017-7-22_5-37-8.jpeg

BlackguyExecutive, SB3 and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Truth. Gay men are the only ones doing this. I have not seen any other group of males or females consistently do this with video commentary suggesting that they have no top on. Gays do it constantly(white ones too). I particularly despise that 'Davey Wavey' guy myself. And Walter Lee Hampton Jr. is another one who is always shirtless or in something to show off his roided out hulk-body(wifebeater/tight shirt/no shirt). I think the Atlanta black gays are the worst from what I have seen.

5. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    He may not have been to the doctor in a decade but he definitely been to a gym lol. You know darn well no one would turn in for Wolf Blitzer getting the ol turn your head and cough :)

Meh...on the fence with this one. Cisgender culture regularly promotes sex with news and commentary. It's why Fox always has bimbo blondes in tube dresses, and network, cable, and local news always have make up monsters delivering the days event. Nothing new under the sun. Hell, Don Henley had a hit song about sex and news decades ago (which got him the rare, coveted white guy on Soul Train appearance)

TV, and likewise, YouTube videos, are a sensual and visual experience. It's why straight men and women don't want to see Roseanne Barr or Billy Bob Thornton delivering their tv news. Or why straight black folks would talk shit all day long if Gabourey Sidibe were on the anchor desk. So, I'm not going to beat up on gay men showing pecs as they are just reflecting a reality that ALL HUMANS in this society engage in. Gay YT commenters shouldn't be single out for doing something that straights have made a billion dollar business model since post WW2 TV news took off.

And my commentary crush Johnathan Capehart can give me shirtless commentary any day of the week. I'd watch Don Lemon shirtless too if you put duct tape over his mouth...

6. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I hate Lester Holt! I hate when I'm catching up on my killer shows and I hear, 'I'm Lester Holt'! He sounds like he's never had fried chicken or baked Mac and cheese. I wanna fight him!

Winston Smith dapped this.
  7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Point made, but the point Ocky made still stands-gay men do this to an extent and in situations way out of proportion to any other group. Gays just have to take it to the extreme. Gay YT commenters are being discussed not because they do what the others do, it is because they take it to often ridiculous extremes of sexualization. Just like how so many gay(inset here) are saturated with sex ads even when the comment is non-sexual in nature. This does not happen for other groups.

I just don't know if it is worse for black gays than other gays though...do not have enough info on that.