OFFICIAL: Straight Outta Compton DISCUSSION THREAD

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by Nigerian Prince, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Who saw Straight Outta Compton?! That movie was very well done and I really appreciated it because I have seen some of the documentaries and TV specials (i.e. Behind the Music) about N.W.A. I think that Ice Cube and F. Gary Gray did an amazing job with everyone else they worked with. I really think that the man who played Eazy-E did an amazing job and my favorite scene of the movie was when he found out about how he had HIV/AIDS in the hospital. I remember Ice Cube and F. Gary Gray on The Breakfast Club radio show talking about how important it was to find an actor that could have the balance between having the masculinity and vulnerability.

What was your favorite scene from the movie???

2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux

Daps Received:
    This movie was well-done,as expected.I always enjoy seeing how people got their start and got together.The NWA guys did their jobs really well,but I gotta give a shoutout to the actors who played Snoop and Tupac.They were perfect.I still wanna see Olan Thompson get a chance to play Tupac one day though.

3. DreG

Daps Received:
    I just googled F Gary Gray to see what he was doing in between Set it Off and this. I had no idea I'd seen this dude before in so many other things lol.

4. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Oh ok I didn't know he did Set It Off. Rumor has it that there will be a sequel to Straight Outta Compton that will focus on Tupac Shakur and one of the other West Coast rappers. Possibly Snoop but I am not sure. The guy who played Tupac... that gave people some goosebumps. He is a spitting image of Tupac!!!

But yes I love movies like this and also the TLC movie. I love the stories of how people got their start, especially in the music business.

5. DreG

Daps Received:
    The TLC movie was gold too.In both films, I like that the subjects allowed their mistakes to be shown,and that they didn't try to bury all of the less than tasteful actions of the deceased parties.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.