Ohio cop celebrates suicide of Black Lives Matter activist: ‘Love a happy ending’

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Feb 12, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Ohio cop celebrates suicide of Black Lives Matter activist: ‘Love a happy ending’
    [​IMG]
    A Fairborn, Ohio police officer has been suspended for a Facebook comment celebrating the suicide of a Black Lives Matter activist, the Dayton Daily News reports.

On a news story posted to Ohio Politics about the suicide death of MarShawn McCarrel, 23, at the Ohio statehouse, Fairborn Police officer Lee Cyr wrote, “Love a happy ending.”
    “When we were made aware of a Facebook post that was linked to a Fairborn police officer, an internal affairs complaint was initiated,” Fairborn Police Chief Terry Barlow told the paper.

The post violates the department’s social media policy, even though Cyr was off-duty when the comment was made.

“Posts that may discredit the police department are against policy,” Barlow told the Daily News. “We take this seriously. We will ensure the professional standards of the department are upheld.”

Cyr, who according to the Daily News, was earning a $75,611 yearly salary as of 2014, didn’t return the paper’s request for comment.

McCarrel was a committed activist who organized to help feed homeless people and guide young people in his community. He also helped organize protests in Ohio after Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson shot and killed unarmed teen, Mike Brown in 2014. He was apparently struggling just before his death and wrote on social media that his “demons won” on the day he died.

Cyr’s post was just one of many disturbing attacks on the post about McCarrel, according to the Daily News. Others wrote things like, “One less to worry about,” and “One down, many more to go.”

“That’s definitely unacceptable for someone who is supposed to protect and serve people,” Trisha Allen, an activist who worked with McCarrel, told WHIO.

“To have that type of comment and reaction toward someone who is dead” is inappropriate, she said.

If you or anybody you know is considering suicide please call either the Teen Suicide Prevention Hotline on 614-294-3300 or the Lifeline national organization for suicide prevention on 1-800-273-8255.

cuspofbeauty and Jaa dapped this.
  2. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    And these are the kinds of people they give guns and a badge to

3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well Ocky they also carried that story on Fox news. And I read the comments. *sigh*. They were much much worse than this comment this officer made-and there were a lot of them.

Reading comments on social media(which I am not on, I despise devilbook), youtube, and news sites is like playing Dr. google and googling your medical symptoms. Just don't do it. Although in this case, it paid off in that this jerk got caught.

I know this kind of stuff must be hard to deal with and I can't put myself in the place of the members here when it comes to this stuff-that is beyond something I can know. All I can say is that there are 200 million white people in this nation, and those cruel and sadistic comments do not reflect the beliefs of all of them.

OckyDub dapped this.