Best Posts in Thread: OPEN RELATIONSHIPS Yes Or No??

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Open relationships only work if both partners actually want it. If one partner feels coerced into this kind of setup, it's probably not going to work. Nothing wrong with open relationships in themselves, just make sure it's based on a mutual decision. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I'm too lazy to find someone else to sleep with, casual sex gets boring after a while, and I would get jealous if I knew my dude was out there fucking around.

Cyrus-Brooks, Lancer, Sean and 9 others dapped this.
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Is it me or is the rush to an open relationship the catch all solution? Now don't get me wrong, I think if that what you and your partner agree to and it works for you so be it. But I think for the vast majority of people it not a plausible solution. I think at least for the gay men, there isn't a long history of being able to live openly in a relationship so with the first sign of trouble we resort to quick fixes. Relationships are hard work, hard continuous work. Plain and simple. Also, there is a such thing as the fizzle out. People grow apart, that is part of life and it happens...sometimes the best thing you can do is embrace it and move forward.

3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Wait what? Personally me and my partner I had a "problem" this past Sunday. How does this now mean "open relationship" time? Work it out and stay together OR work it out and part ways. And what does the zombie bride in the pic have to do with anything? Is he wanting to be with woman?

4. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    If I am in a long-term, not-just-about-sex relationship, the idea of open relationship would not be on the table. But if I'm in a fuck buddy, it's-only-about-sex type relationship, then an open relationship can be on a table.

Being in a fuck buddy, it's-only-about-sex type relationship, it would be a Yes, simply because that person and I really aren't in a relationship technically. We simply are just fucking around with no strings attached, so fucking around with other people (with some rules) wouldn't be an issue for me. For instance, as a verse top, if I'm in a fuck buddy, it's-only-about-sex type relationship with another verse top, I wouldn't have an issue with bringing a bottom into our sex life from time to time or on the regular. Or if I'm with a bisexual guy, I wouldn't have issues with him (in this situation only) bringing in a female to get his rocks off (of course I wouldn't be doing anything with her though/I would watch him and her go at it...lol).

As it pertains to a long-term relationship, the reason why turning the relationship into an open relationship would be a No is because for me, I would be selfish and I don't want to share that special someone with no one else. And in this situation, three can be a crowd and depending on other people brought into the equation, it can either make or break the relationship, especially if feelings changed or someone actually comes into the equation and the relationship goes down that dead end road. I value long-term relationships and the old-school value of it, so I would shut that decision with my boyfriend down immediately.

I think that it maybe clear that your boyfriend feels that there is something "lacking" in the relationship sexually. And he may have just brought up the idea of an open relationship, because of that being a option to deal with spicing up or adding to his sexual needs that he wants satisfied. You both need to communicate a lot more and be honest about any problems going on that's making him feel some type of way about the relationship as it stands. I would hate for him to cheat on you and then throw it in your face that he did and for why he did, because things weren't addressed with honesty and nipped in the bud at this point.

Good luck! #Communicate #BeDirectandHonest #FixTheProblems

#3 Dante, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015