Party Boi: Black Diamonds in Ice Castles

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by cuspofbeauty, May 8, 2017.

1. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]
    The film's New York premiere will have a Q&A addressing the growing drug epidemic.

BY DANIEL REYNOLDS
    MAY 07 2017 9:00 AM EDT

“In the past four years, I’ve seen a steady incline of crystal meth addiction,” Rice said in the trailer. “I need to bring awareness to this situation.”

“You get so scared to the point where you don’t think that you can ever get back to that same person that you was,” one of the film’s subjects declares in the trailer.

The film’s New York premiere is tonight, May 7, 7:30 p.m. Eastern at the Image Nation Cinema. The screening will be followed by a cocktail Q&A, featuring speakers Michael Roberson, Christopher Johnson, Tia Carter, Michael Carter, and David Matthews.

Watch Party Boi's trailer below.
    “In the past four years, I’ve seen a steady incline of crystal meth addiction,” Rice said in the trailer. “I need to bring awareness to this situation.”

“You get so scared to the point where you don’t think that you can ever get back to that same person that you was,” one of the film’s subjects declares in the trailer.

The film’s New York premiere is tonight, May 7, 7:30 p.m. Eastern at the Image Nation Cinema. The screening will be followed by a cocktail Q&A, featuring speakers Michael Roberson, Christopher Johnson, Tia Carter, Michael Carter, and David Matthews.

A new documentary, Party Boi: Black Diamonds in Ice Castles, is hoping to shine a light on the growing crystal meth addiction within queer communities of color.

Filmmaker Micheal Rice turned his lens on young black and Latino people living in cities who have become disproportionately affected by the drug epidemic — and what can be done to help them.

\'Party Boi\' Doc Spotlights Meth Addiction in Queer Communities of Color

eli94, Champagne Papi and SB3 dapped this.
  2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Its crazy, becus I remember a few years back when meth was a 'white, gay party drug', and now it's 'urban'. Sad to see the handsome young men underneath all of this 'meth face'.

3. eli94

eli94 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    i recently went on a date with a guy who talked about doing it like it was nothing. suffice it to say that went nowhere. ive only done weed like twice (& they were both bad trips) so i was in there hyperventilating :-/ i cant imagine. its very sad... seeing them shoot up in the doc trailer made me nauseous.

cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  4. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Thats some hard to watch ish. Even the trailer. I dont think I could sit through the whole movie. Super sad man. And you can tell it has such a hold on them that their whole life revolves around it.

5. itsumoconfused

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I got to see the film on Sunday because my friend's friend was the director. It was very informative and I think I've gotten even more freaked out about sex with persons in general. Who would have thought there were so many ways to Party!?