Post Blames Masculinity for Fems acting "Ratchet" at ATL Pride

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Sep 6, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    By- DeoVonte “Deo” Means

At this point, I’m sure everyone has seen the horrifically appalling videos of the senseless violence that took place in Atlanta during their 2016 Pride celebration. I’m also almost positive that as more people make it home and recuperate from the festivities, perhaps a few more clips will become public. Shockingly, I don’t blame Atlanta at all! I place the blame squarely at the foot of us as a community. I have a very Malcom X opinion of the situation. The is just the “chickens coming home to roost.” See, as a whole, we have transitioned from a community known and built on the fundamentals of adults being sophisticated, polished, upwardly mobile and sexy; to a community that places prime value on men whom can most effectively emulate and portray what most of the world identify as “hood nigga” “ghetto” or “ratchet.” In fact, we somehow manipulate this portrayal into being a distorted definition of the perfect example of masculinity or realness. If you analyze your local night clubs, house/family meetings, social media or even dating apps; these are the exact men that are most sought after or glamorized in our community. Meanwhile, men with a mind, intelligence, goals, ambition and life accomplishments are viewed as third or fourth choices, if that at all. Considering we all want to be desired and reach the highest pinnacle of admiration in our community, this factor alone teaches the younger generation at an early age that in this quest it’s more profitable to take the “hood nigga-ratchet” route than the sophisticated/classy route. In 2016, a man can be broke, unable to afford minor luxuries such as a pack of cigarettes, unemployed, no bus-fare and unable to construct ONE full sentence without at least TWO misspelled words; yet if he projects the image of a hood nigga, put on a fitted hat and show a lil booty, he will QUICKLY become one of the most desirables within his local community while accumulating a massive following of others that lust after and idolize him.

Well see, you can’t endorse the image of a hood nigga but expect this same man to act classy or grown & sexy in challenging situations. That’s not how this works! Hood niggaz tend to be the product of extreme poverty, low education, limited opportunity and no exposure to the real world. Therefore, they are volatile, aggressive, conniving, thieves, bullies and take pleasure in causing damage and inflicting pain at others expense. They have no concept of conflict resolution. In fact, they lust after conflicts so they can terrorize their victims in situations whereas most time the victim is outnumbered or over powered. Then they run back to their circles and social media and gloat about it. Ratchets have no understanding of appropriateness. In fact they operate on a mindset of “anytime, anyplace, we can get it cracking!” Hood niggaz have nothing to live for and nothing to lose, so they don’t ponder future repercussions of their present actions. Seriously and permanently injuring someone or going to jail never crosses their mind. Hood niggaz fundamentally feel as if they were dealt a bad hand and society as a whole has conspired to hold them down, so they operate on a mentality of “it’s all about me”. They don’t think about how their actions can affect those around them and the community at large. The innocent gas station attendant that was punched in the neck could be a future vote that the community needs to pass legislation to benefit our causes. The night club in which the two young men were dragged across the parking lot by the hair could very well have their licenses suspended if lawsuits are pursued. The hotel room that was destroyed in another altercation could’ve served as a host lodging spot for future festivities. More importantly, in ANY of the many violent incidents that occurred, someone could’ve been seriously injured! But ratchets don’t take things like that into consideration. Sadly, as we gain more acceptance and civil rights as a community, we are becoming more divided as a community. The ratchets are like a pack wild of Tasmanian devils. Once that fuse is lit, they spin off brazenly and uncontrollably causing unspeakable and horrific damage which they gloat about. The grown and sexy- regardless of socio or economic standing- just don’t wanna deal with that or take that risk. So they party in their small circles or stay at home and wait the next day for the latest report on the ratchet induced antics that caused the community to collective gag the previous night.

To be fair, each generation has it’s “stain”. My generation will always have to deal with the scourge of “crafting”, but those kids didn’t craft to be ratchet and ghetto. They took that risk out of a desire to be fab and live a sophisticated lifestyle which the world at that time refused to grant them access to. My point is, just because you were born in the hood doesn’t mean you were preordained to stay in the hood and embrace that mindset. The game was always played to GET OUT of the hood! We gotta stop associating ratchet behavior with masculinity and begin to seek those men and women in our community that are carrying themselves as upwardly mobile adults. In 2016, it’s too much opportunity out here for a man to choose ratchetness as a lifestyle. The world is watching us. Celebrities are watching us for the latest trends. Our lingo and culture is being studied and disseminated into pop culture as the next big thing; yet we decided to glamorize dragging people across parking lots, tearing up hotel room and assaulting innocent people? And for what? If something don’t change, there will be no Pride or clubs in the next five years. It’s utterly preposterous that there are people within our circles that finally have the disposable income to actively support our events and take them to the next level, yet they’ve decided to withdraw from the scene because they don’t wanna deal with the ratchedness! It’s even more embarrassing that promoters are increasingly finding it impossible to rent venues because owners find it MORE of a risk and liability to rent to an urban LGBT crowd than an urban straight black crowd! Point blank, yall are becoming known for tearing shit up and acting a fool! Nothing is going to change until the friends, dates, mothers/fathers, mentors, sex partners and social media followers begin to be vocal and let these hoodlums know not only is it not cute but you will no longer associate with them until their behavior and mindset change. Many of you changed your profile pic and bewailed “We stand with Orlando” during the tragedy. But I read comments in the videos posted and some of these same people not only glorifying, but flirting with those responsible for the violence this past weekend. That’s sick! It’s nothing cute or attractive about a grown man running around bashing people. Some of you may not agree with my views, but we all have to agree it’s a sad day when you can’t go to a urban gay club without seriously contemplating the risk of returning home battered, broken, bloody and bruised…..Now that’s a fool!… Best Regards…Deo

The Ratchets Storm Atlanta’s Pride and Leave A Trail of Blood & Bruises….

2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    So all the videos I saw of Fem dudes fighting at ATL Black Pride; they were fighting because they were temporarily possesed by masculine gay demons? Nothing in this post about the glorification of "Reality Housewife" behavior or of hyper-femininity that many fem black gay men exude within their presentation of trying to be the baddest bitch who slays?

Technology has advanced. Fights at Pride or any large event with alcohol is nothing new. Some valid points but gimma a break with this fuking BS.

Once again self identifying feminists with an audience never critically examine the negatives or short comings of femininity or hold themselves accountable.

#2 OckyDub, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  3. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    All this yayayayayaya. Ratchetness and fuckfoolery doesn't discriminate.

The purpose of Gay Pride was to empower, advocate and support the LGBT community. I really think they should legally ban Gay Pride if all it amounts to is "Let's Get Crunk, Drunk, Suck Dick, Eat Ass, Fuck, Fight, and Fuck Shit Up" Pride. If this is the bullshit that Prides are going to be about, I will gladly support it.

alton dapped this.
  4. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    This article just seems off to me. The overall message I do agree with but the points lost me. When I see these videos on social media I do not see "thugs" fighting, so I don't know where that came from. Also like Ocky said these behaviors always occurred its just that social media and technology are much more advanced. Now I will say I don't condone violence but one video I did see the situation was that the guy had taken his money and gay black or not a lot of people would have reacted in the same way. I went to my first large gay event this year (sizzle) and I did not witness one fight or even a argument, so it is possible for the community to act civilize. In my opinion I feel there will always be "ratchet" people (this includes gay, straight, white, black, masc, fem) doing crazy stuff but they need to be held accountable for their actions. People are barely trying to break these fights up and/or report stuff like this to the authorities. Some people prefer to record and post it for likes. Drama and violence is everywhere from politicians, family, tv shows and movies... truth be told it can be exciting sometimes but there is a problem with some people not knowing how to conduct themselves at certain times and places.

Jdudre and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  5. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    At the very least, change the title "Gay Pride" to something more appropriate, because the days of actual "Pride" are LOOOOOOOOOONG gone.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This post does not seem right. It sounds like someone describing straight men and straight women, not masc or fem black gays.

how does this describe masc gays? How can you as masc black gays be constantly labeled discreet or downlow or hidden by the majority gays yet at the same time be desiring of a fab and sophisticated lifestyle? Those two things are mutually exclusive.

I have never heard anyone ever describe ratchet behavior among black gays as a 'masculine' thing...just the opposite. The masc guys are the ones hidden in the shadows afraid of being exposed, right? But at the same time they somehow are also the attention seeking ratchet types? That does not make sense.

The whole article does not make sense. Can anyone point me to any videos so I can see some of these things they mentioned and see what kind of guys are causing this trouble?

Jdudre dapped this.
  7. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Dude is a blogger out of Chicago, I. Familiar with him but never met him as his circles definitely aren't mine lol. He's written a few good pieces, but he's definitely a social climbing fem; most of his articles are fashion and party/event oriented. He's also small in stature, so I guess any big bro is a thug to him, lol. He doesn't like anything unrefined or "ghetto" so to him if you're not an exquisitely dressed to the nines fem, you're a toxic masculine problem. Smh

If you want intelligent writing coming out of Chicago you need to check out Zachary Stafford, who ironically is published in the UK Guardian not Chicago sites or papers.

8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I have seen gay black fights online in videos at various places(and white ones too) and I don't think I would ever describe the majority of the participants as masculine and certainly not 'thug nikkas'. This whole article sounds crazy. Hell you can even see in most of the fights that they fight like women and half have purses and drag queens/transsexuals are often involved-hardly a masculine 'hood dude' thing.

Where are these videos? I gotta look now.

Jdudre dapped this.
  9. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    edited.... too revolted to even comment. smh. I have never seen anything even remotely like this at ANY gay pride event.

#9 ColumbusGuy, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  10. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Interesting...I believe he also used to write for Mused but parted ways with them way back.

11. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    do a Google video search "gays fight at atl pride" or something like that. They WILL NOT be posted or linked from this here site.

ControlledXaos and alton dapped this.
  12. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Aw, why not? How else Ima get my ratchet news feed?

(James Earl Jones voice)
    "THIS is See-Dem-Fem" lol

13. alton

Daps Received:
    "They WILL NOT be posted or linked from this here site, huntey!"
    [​IMG]

LOL Sorry, I couldn't resist, Ocky

14. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Well I'd rather people fight than shoot. Honestly, I half way wish we could have regulated fisticuffs.

I didn't even know there were fights breaking out, at least beyond the usual. I was so out of the pride loop. I'm actually thinking about doing some "white" pride events, at least going to the parade.

Anytime you get a group of people there will be conflict. There were many events this weekend. Dragoncon had a sexual assault. Did anyone report anything negative at Luda Day Weekend events?

Jdudre dapped this.
  15. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    See, I never wanted to attend ATL Pride, now I do just for the video feeds. A whole new series on YouTube, call it

"GANGSTA FEMS"

"BWA: Bottoms With Attitude"

"Hell's Belles"

Sorry for the corny jokes, but if dude is gonna throw shade and blame at masc bros, be prepared for backlash...or backwash...whatever....

I'm so throw with "Pride" anything; events, parades, whatever. More mainstream gay bs. Ever hear about fights at leather conventions?

ColumbusGuy, Jdudre and alton dapped this.
  16. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh I did. See post number nine. 'Gays fighting at Atlanta Pride 2016' I watched a compilation and then Walter Lee Hampton was on suddenly talking about it..I forgot to stop the auto thing and it just went to his video about the same thing without my realizing it. I also googled it and stuff. WorldStar! has it up....they have the video of the convenience store and all the 'this is just how those blacks gays are!' comments-to be expected of that site 90% filled with trolls of all kinds smh.

* @alton you are wrong for that. *scarred*

17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    In all the years I went to Pride events, etc. and also out at night to gay clubs, bars, etc. -the hundreds of times I went out..I never saw brawling like this or anything like that convenience store thing. I have never seen anything like this period personally. Never. I have seen arguments and a few fights, but the fights were fights- fought quickly and then over or broken up. Even the drag queen fights were one on one and over quick or broken up. I cannot recall having seen anything to compare to just one of those multiple fight scenes I watched on youtube. That stuff is just alien to me.

18. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Not hearing about it doesn't mean they don't happen.

Some people are not wired in a way that when a fight breaks out they press record on a cell phone....and then stupidly upload it to social media.

Many like myself get the hell outta the way and outta dodge and get on my cell to tell whomever there has been a change of plans because kats are fighting.

19. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    That's what I mean. There's too much POSITIVE LGBT stuff going on for me to buy into the Pride thing. The pride thing, whether "black" or "mainstream" is a bunch of corporatist crap. Hell, I've been to private parties, gay gamer events, book readings, film shows, etc. What the hell do I need drunk assed drama from wannabe Perez Hilton types. I think I mentioned before the audible shade I saw people give the Windy City Bears float at the 2015 Chicago Pride parade, yet all these mofos in crowd were cheering the Fox News float that went by ( yes, there was one there). Pride events are about as authentic and heartfelt as a KFC bucket of chicken coupon on MLK Day....

20. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I have also seen fights but never bar room street brawls as well.

21. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I guess my awkward point was that certain kinds of crowds bring certain behaviors. Yeah, there might be fisticuffs at a nerdy, gay gaymer event but I'm guessing....most likely not. Lol. Now a bunch of drug and meth fueled snap queens...I'm a say yeahhhhh....lol

22. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well maybe this was just some anomaly then? How big was this Pride...how many people spread over how big an area?
    Was there any other event going on that could have 'spread over' into it and helped cause some of this?

There were nearly half a million people at the Pride..'thing'(I don't even know what to call it-it has morphed into this combination festival/parade/march/retail event/corporate extravaganza etc. here and I don't care so much for it anymore and it is always too. damn. hot! too crowded and not enough restrooms) and there were I think two 'regular' fights that broke out over the whole 3 day weekend of it. Nobody arrested or anything serious. It is the biggest in the Midwest-nearly as big as Chicago's.

23. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Mine's bigger....
    :bronbad:

24. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    What about soccer moms on Black Friday? Or white lesbians? Or Frat bros
    I have no clue...haven't been to any form on Pride in 8 yrs

25. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I can imagine some stuff like this happening at some redneckish music thing around here...but I would never go to that so I would never have seen it myself...and like Ocky said it would have to be recorded and put online.

26. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I just remembered where I HAVE heard of brawls breaking out around here(Ohio)-Little league games and parents brawling over the kid's games! lol. Yes and they were white too! I have taken people to the Special Olympics and even there I heard smack talk from parents/relatives (and racist talk too).

Kid sporting events are white people's achilles heel when it comes to brawling! lol

alton dapped this.
  27. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    What about white, lesbian transgender frat bros?

28. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Alright gents, my lunch break is over. Later. If you want to continue to see lame gay behavior, Tim Cook is about to announce the next round of iPhones....

OckyDub dapped this.
  29. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah about double...1 million vs 600,000. smh. But what is really surprising, apparently BOTH are among the biggest in the World...but Cbus never gets mentioned of course lol. Columbus...what?...where? You mean that college in the cornfields?

I saw that the...uh...'original' Atlanta Pride had about 300,000 but could not find any attendance estimates for Atlanta Black Gay Pride...but saw some stuff saying it was the largest Black Pride in the US?

#29 ColumbusGuy, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  30. alton

Daps Received:
    "Hell's Belles"
    [​IMG]

31. Tom Brown

Tom Brown Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I might loose my membership to this forum, but I need to say this: The article is true. Thuggism is admired in the gay community. It is the furthest from femininity and it allows gay men to be under cover with their sexuality. There is also a sexual component to this Thuggism as can be seen on Real Eyes Realize Real Lies with Poindexter. He is accepted by his partner because he is dominate and sexy unlike the DL brotha that Corey was going to marry. He is allow to be abusive because the SEX is just too good. He is a PRIZE piece because he is HETEROSEXUAL like and he's lucky he got him. Corey isn't the most effeminate guy, but compare to the other characters on his show, he is. And Poindexter is the most Straight acting gay men on his show and often times, I find it hard to believe he's gay. I talk about this briefly on my last post. This is what gay men desire, but this is not what is good. As long as gay men want these kind of men, they will continue to be abuse as what happened in Atlanta. I will like to add something. There is a guy called Trey on The Boyz Next Door. (I'm sorry I'm getting names wrong - things have been hectic with my computer and I have not gotten a chance to see the show more recently). He is very similar to Poindexter on Real Eyes. He is Heterosexual like. Guess what was the response of most of the cast members when they ask who they would like to be with what given the option. I thought of the guy with the braids. He is handsome, level headed, intelligent and knows where he's going in his life. But that is not what most of these Gay men choose. It was Tripp. This is what he says. His father's a thug, brother and sister are thugs and even his mom is a thug. WOW! And we get upset when things like this happens. Now I see this Rapper on Freefall. Somehow they worked him into the script with CAM. Cam is similar to the light color blue jean wearing guy with the braids from South Carolina. He is smart and educated, but the decision he makes isn't always good. For instance Lyrik. All that guy had was that he was eye candy. But he was not very intelligent and he put Cam health at risk. But what ever risk that he put cam in, Cam has a rude awakening with this Tripp character. Tripp lives a very dangerous lifestyle. Remember, he's a thug. He might be a good person on his own (which I don't believe), but the people he is surrounded with are most likely bad. That is what cam should think about. Anyway, when you write these thugs into your shows as centerpieces, you create a can of worms. The kind of WORMS that would bite you like it did in ATL.

32. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    None of this long diatribe has anything to do with fems behaving badly and it being blamed on masculinity. 'Thuggism' and masculinity or toxic masculinity had nothing to do with fem queens fighting in the numerous online "ATL Pride" videos. What you typed (just like the post from the website) has nothing to do with what was on full display.

I saw zero, masculine fake/real thugs exhibiting toxic or thug masculinity in any "Gays fighting at ATL Pride" videos released. Real Housewife "Imma Bad Bitch" behavior was however on FULL display in the videos.

I know it may seem difficult at first but try to examine toxic exaggerated femininity and matriarchy instead of the default of placing blame on masculinity when something is dysfunctional concerning Black people. I know the MSM and the gay queer feminist has us trained and indoctrinated well but it is possible to detach.

#32 OckyDub, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  33. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Please, by all means, keep expressing your point of view. I'm with @Ockydub in my opinion on the topic, but I hate echo chambers. Whenever you have a divergent view, put it out there, that's how discussion is supposed to be. And in defense of the CA owners, I can't recall where they went diva and banned someone for a contrary opinion.

34. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    @Tom Brown absolutely not. We don't ban or block folks for expressing a differing opinion...but do expect to be challenged (not attacked) on opinions expressed.

ControlledXaos and Winston Smith dapped this.
  35. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Also as a person who doesn't watch every web series, you may want to find better analogies. But I think I get your point for the most part @Tom Brown

Maybe only a certain sector of black gay men find thugs prized possessions. I don't care how good your sex is, if you wanna fight me, you best to be ready to take as much as you give because I will not be abused. We can play fight, wrestle etc but I'm not going to be battered and accept that at all.

If it's masculinity that one desires that is different. As a gay man WTF do I want someone who's heterosexual for? Because you can attract chicks and hoes? Knee grow, you better sit down cause I can do that myself if I wanted it.

If guys are passing off decent, good guys over something as simple as "swag", then that's their fault for being unhappy when things go left.

OckyDub and ColumbusGuy dapped this.