Prejudice Eye For The Black Guy

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Jai, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I wanted to do this post to be honest. Recently, I have become more prejudiced against white people. More than I have ever been. Mostly, just American yt people. This is my year. My year to travel.

I've never had a strong attraction to European features to begin with. I tend to like all the features that melenated (mostly African features) have like our noses, lips, etc. Brown and dark skin attract me but the lighter it gets the less I am attracted. This is not to say I don't value personality when I factor in attraction or anything. As far as friends, I have a few of them I've met in the past either through work or at the gym.

Anyways, I am planning a trip abroad in a few weeks and I noticed that the tourist destination of choice is littered with white people. Lots of "snowbirds" and older white people from the U.S. and Canada who have retired and taken up residency. Quite a number of them are buying up land, tearing down property to establish condos and what not for themselves.

I had been looking around for any melenated individuals but they were sparse. I even went on Facebook groups to find dedicated aspiring Black nomads and was bombarded with the majority of the members being non-melanated individuals.

I remember one day reading a post from one Black traveler, female, who was relating her story. A story which she said the locals stared at her and her family but treated them with respect. This is not unheard of as the locals might not be used to seeing Black people but warmed up to them, spoke to them and treated them like family. However, she later went on to say she did get other stares, cold stares and behavior towards her and her family. Who were the stares and cold behavior coming from? The white tourists from America, and other regions.

I mean honestly, I can't really verify where the tourist come from but she said, "they bring their American attitudes abroad," and that made me raise an eyebrow and then those harsh words escaped my lips, "I can't stand white people."

I know I should have said that. I've never said it before. It slipped out. I had a flashback of my first venture to Florida. I remember getting dressed to spend the night out in my first every gay only strip in Wilton Manors. I was nervous, excited, and all alone... When I stepped on the strip all I could see was a sea of white faces....When I walked passed the clubs, all white or "white-latino", and I remember men at the tables watching me, many at the table chattering, watching me out of the corner of their eyes and some looking directly at me as I walked by. Hey, do they think I am hot? Surely, they must have seen a Black person before? My insecurity tapped me on my shoulder several reminding me that I only saw one other melenated person on this strip in the hour or two I had been cruising the block before they were washed away by the pale waves cover the street.

So I said, wow. However, I was proud of myself. Going so many states away and by lonesome for the first time.

Now as I plan to go to the Central/South American regions (not Cancun or any other eastern area of Mexico) when I go to the groups to find out more...all I see are yt people, relating their yt experiences. Buying up and infiltrating like uncontrollable pest so the can remain in white luxury while the locals still remain poor. It's almost as if they where their whiteness like a badge of honor.

The prideful looks, the snarky comments, the cold greetings. The colonizers of the Earth find places to uproot and restructure to fit their needs and they carry these attitudes everywhere they go. When I see ads or vacation posters they are plastered all over it. The American Dream, the Fantasy Life, The Road to Discovery and Freedom is White.

There I said it. At that moment I had realized that hatred was overcoming my heart. Was envy also flowing through my veins? Not to throw shade at all pale skinned people. I know racism exists everywhere, so I've heard.

At this point I had started wondering...I must not let my thoughts get so disorganized. The enemy can hope into anyone at any moment. I must go out into the world as a blossoming Black man, unapologetic about my skin, my facial features but walking with the confidence of a King and the attitude of a Sage.

I won't allow my worth to become belittled by the conceivers of confusion, nor the corruptors of civilizations.

While the movement behind Black women who travel seems to be gaining more traction, there should be more for Black men, even so for those in the LGBTQ community.

So in a way, I seek to become a Black traveler. I think this is what I want to do now. Travel the world as a Black King in spirit. I am a glorious pampered soul that has dark skin but shines like the sun. So bright all my enemies are uncovered even when they dwell in the shadows. Let them keep covering their faces, blinded by their own hatred as they walk towards oblivion. I pray not to hold such burden.

One promising thing I read from her story. She mentioned that being bilingual helped her receive excellent service while the "other tourists" who came just to come expecting to be serviced were left looking lost.

It is nice to know that in some places, people look at you as a person and not as the fabricated face of what superiority is.

My rant is over (somewhat). I feel better.

#1 Jai, Apr 14, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Winston Smith and alton dapped this.
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Wow, a lot to unpack here. As for physical looks, I’ve never been attracted to non black folk either. I just naturally think our bodies are more beautiful, even black women though I’m a gay black man. I first noticed this as an teen aged art student and drawing nude models in anatomy class. I perked up whenever we had black models as there were just more exciting figures to render. Black people are just more naturally beautiful. Don’t feel bad for loving yourself. As a black psychologist told us when I was a college freshman, in an integrated class no less, “beauty is a round butt” lol.

On the travel tip, there are many on this site who are more well traveled than me that can advise you, and with pandemic restrictions lifting, I know there are plenty of black travel groups out there you can join be it through social media or sites like meetup.com.

3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Thanks for your response. I always find myself coming back to Cypher, browsing or skimming the old forum posts. I honestly can't even believe I've been a part of this website for so long. Whenever I go look at my join date I just grin.

I do like that there are older Black gay/bi men on this site. I find their different experiences nice to read.

I like to come here and vent/rant every so often but I am usually better after I press the 'POST REPLY' button.

I also want to point out that I am not trying to sound like a Black person that hates all white or non melenated people...I just detest those who carry this sense of superiority to the point where the media portrays Blacks as bad people and Whites as the saviors. The ones who eat up the land in other countries to build their condos and resorts.

This is happening in places like Mexico where it is slowly becoming like some type of Miami. Many of the locals can't afford to live in their own place because of the "you know who" building huge buildings to suit their American needs.

I know it's not just American white people, as other races can look down, not just on Black Americans but darker skinned people in general. I was just expressing how the yt American ones really be on it.

But I so love seeing melenated people. I love seeing pictures of dark skinned men and women and I'm just like....this is beauty. The beauty yt hate they can't create so they try to imitate.

I also enjoy listening and reading about experiences other Black people have had growing up in the 60's or earlier.

It's something about it that makes me so invested. I think the more I have uncovered about the topic and when I see older people. I really get this thought that these individuals have been through probably a lot during their youth and they are still here today during this era of materialistic nonsense.

Older Black people always have my respect. To grow up and go through what many did during that time and to see it still alive and well today just dressed up to look different.

Winston Smith and alton dapped this.
  4. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol, well I didn’t grow up in the 60s myself, but I do own the Bush Sr/ Bill Clinton era. Yeah, generational perspectives matter and people who are short-sighted (old ignoring young, young ignoring old) are a drag. I’m glad you grew up in an era where HIV/Prep options allow you to be freer without the pall of AIDS death hanging in the air. Where I grew up, I’m told gay rights was super open in the 70s but the 80s and Reagan shut that all down like COVID for this generation.

Loving your own kind isn’t racism, it’s just naturally what OTHER groups do all the time. Black people are always taught to hate self because they fear our rise or any kind of cooperation and self help among ourselves. Self love is not the same as these hotep niggas who would criticize Ketanji Brown Jackson just because her husband is white. You naturally love your parents and siblings before you grow to know and love others. And some of my heroes, choreographer Bill T Jones or novelist Ishmael Reed, were very conscious but had white partners or spouses. Our history in America has been that we are always taught to love others before self. So, even though some of them have deep flaws (such as homophobia or sexism), I still encourage you to read (and criticize when you don’t agree with their thought!) black thinkers from the past such as Booker T Washington, T Thomas Fortune, Marcus Garvey, Elijah Muhammad, Na’im Akbar, Jawanza Kunjufu, Earl Graves, Hubert Harrison, John Henrik Clarke, and Harold Cruse.

And black gay rights have always been in the background, even in the horse and buggy ages. Check out the gay influence of Wallace Thurman and Fire!! magazine in the 1920s and all the “respectability politics” negroes like WEB DuBios we’re worried about white folks would think about gay black culture. Hell, Jet Magazine would run stories about NYC ballroom culture in the 1950s when my parents were in grammar school, decades before anyone thought about RuPaul.

Jai dapped this.