Rapper Kevin Gates Speaks On The Hypocrisy Of The Black Lives Matter Movement

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    You know who gave zero fucks to the white racists, cop apologists and BLACKS who said "what about Black on Black crime" and kept on protesting? MLK.

[​IMG]

3. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    Really? Are you also on the "But what about black on black crime" bandwagon too? The Black Lives Matter movement was created specifically to combat police brutality, so how are they hypocrites again? C'mon man.

4. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I do get the argument (as inarticulate as the messenger is)...And to be honest, the title is a bit misleading...he never even mentions Black Lives Matter in the video.

5. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    He has tattoos on his face... why should I listen to someone like that for social and political enlightenment?:khart1:

I'm gonna need these Z-list rappers to stop.

ControlledXaos and BrentForays dapped this.
  6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    *reluctantly daps* If only they were as organized and as eloquent in getting their message across though. But they are two different things-BLM is about black dealing with the police-but the name makes people think of something broader.

Is there an organization that is dealing with black on black violence? Something on this scale so when people say 'what about black on black crime?' you can say 'Group ABC' is about that issue'?

7. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Yes...excluding BLM, the majority of minority organizations do this. Its not their fault the media only cares about interracial crime and police killings for ratings. NAACP, Urban League, Nation of Islam are just a few who have been organizing and having anti violence rallies marches and night patrols for decades. But that narrative is not sexy, controversial or negative enough for people (black or white) to care.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Nation of Islam? *sideeye* lol.

Yeah there is nothing about it in the media-at least the mainstream media. I hate the media.

* Very weird that right now, the NAACP is having a convention in the most Republican area of Ohio, Cincinnati, and the GOP convention is being held at the same time in the most Democratic area of Ohio, Cleveland. Figures Duh-Hio would get it wrong. I bet the ultra-conservative Cincy burbs are seething about this lol.

9. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Yes the NOI has consistantly discussed intra-racial crime and transformed many lives of Black criminals (gang members, etc) to productive members of their community and society.

The fact of the matter is most (not all) people who say "what about Black on Black crime?" can give zero fucks about black people and black on black crime. It's just a deflection or diversionary tacit to take attention away from racism and white supremacy. For many (blacks and whites) just bringing the topic up means you are somehow a back to Africa nationalist with an AK-47 who wants to kill all white people.

I'm learning if I can to not waste time nor energy on these folks who at the end of the day want things to continue as they are and have been.

10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    White Supremacy types say it all the time( I check on them now and then as they infest some otherwise interesting video sites). I agree It usually is a diversionary tactic especially when it only comes up with reference to BLM. I think many(not all or most...I don't know that....just many) whites do care about it and are horrified by it, but don't know what to say or do (some afraid if they speak up they will get the 'stay in your lane, oppressor' stuff).

I was referencing the 'Islam' part (I have 'problems' with organized religions like Christianity and...especially..Islam).