Reason #143 Why I Hate Being Gay

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by Nick Delmacy, Apr 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Positive message, but everything about this PSA embodies what people associate with gay men.

SB3, ColumbusGuy and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. questforknowledge

Bae Material Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Yea watching this video is a stark reminder of the stereotypes that prevail regarding gay men. Watching this video makes me sort of frustrated, I can't deal lol.

SB3, alton, ColumbusGuy and 2 others dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    At first I was like:ravetho:
    Then I was like :ravetho:
    Finally I was like :nerd:

alton dapped this.
  4. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I don't know them and claim no kinship to them anymore than I would Lil' Wayne or Katt Williams.

Some of us was raised right.

DreG, NikR, ColumbusGuy and 2 others dapped this.
  5. callie_bear_3

callie_bear_3 Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Had to create an account just to comment on this. And it's not short :p
    Granted, I agree that it may be a little hard to relate to, or even stomach, as it's not the broadest depiction of gay people. Yet I think this video is a pretty accurate depiction of the gay culture our American media publicizes. To a greater extent, it's a facet of gay culture that our straight-controlled/heteronormative-minded world can say it's most familiarized with. I know first hand from visiting public-opinion councils for grant approved PrEP/sexual health clinics; they were more concerned with advertising their services to a specific "gayberhood" demographic in a general accepting urban center (already well serviced, mind) than making their campaign more discrete for the more disadvantaged gay population residing in the suburban, conservative rings of the city (of which they also claimed they wanted to serve). So while that Prep campaign might incite revulsion on this type of forum, I'm pretty sure marketing/outreach felt they hit their goals with regards to targeting their audience.

6. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I stopped at about 0:36

7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    But that audience they are trying to reach is the audience that already knows. Every study out there shows the people they need to reach are young, poor, of color, in the closet. There is a reason that the CDC is saying half of all black men will be HIV positive. This horrible thing does not reach out to those people, those younger, poorer, teens of color, both black and hispanic, who are just coming out or experiencing sex. They would run from this bullshit.

And regarding this bullshit, I would like to kill those bastards who made this. Yeah, the maudlin fake grief part infuriated me. This entire thing makes me want to kill something. And they even had the 'fat guy' represent-the only one of course did you see the rest of the 'gheys' and of course they had to have Willam's drag ass in there and Tre Melvin is getting gayer and gayer and Ocky is right he will be a woman in two years.

I just fucking. hated. this. bullshit.

I hope West Hollywood is happy with itself as it spends it's generous amounts of money on this shit, while young teens of color growing up confused and horny and discovering their gayness in Harvey, Illinois, McAllen, Texas, and Jackson, Mississippi continue to get HIV.

*yeah I get what you are saying. They think they done good! So the young sons of liberal wealthy types who might actually watch this shit because they are already in sequins and capri pants will use Truvada. *golf clap for West Hollywood*

callie_bear_3 dapped this.
  8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Seriously, is this some kind of spoof like that article about the Trans incident in North Carolina? This shyt cannot be real. Tell me this is a spoof? SMMFH tell. me. this. is. a. spoof....before I give up and join the GOP!

9. callie_bear_3

callie_bear_3 Lurker

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single

-- Please come spread your words of wisdom in my local metropolitan-statistical-area! I moved out to the country with fam and my new Doctor Quack in Hickville CA told me PrEP is a placebo and asked why I should be so sexually wreckless to need it :) Good thing my mom's side is Italian Catholic; I can handle back-handed guilt-trips for eons. And on another note: I heard girls can get HIV too. Not to steer away from this forum but you're definitely right it's disgusting how inaccesible proper STI/HIV healthcare is for minorities, poor, and those in rural, religiously-dominated areas.

mojoreece and NikR dapped this.
  10. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    LOL they won't listen to me. I am not a person of color myself(as in I am white as hell). But I am (now) poor and live in a rural hellhole at least. It should not take a rocket scientist though to check out the CDC. add two plus two, and get the message out to those who need to hear it the most-which is not white people.

"...it's disgusting how inaccesible proper STI/HIV healthcare is for minorities, poor, and those in rural, religiously-dominated areas." I agree. Those are the areas that need to get the message and the $$$$ for the message-not West Hollywood!

#10 ColumbusGuy, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    callie_bear_3 and NikR dapped this.
  11. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

SB3, DreG and NikR dapped this.
  12. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Isn't West Hollywood known for being kinda racist and exclusionary? And then they put out this piece of shit with just the right amount of people of color and drag queens, etc. as if they are all accepting of everyone in the rainbow! smh.

I can't get over how much I hate this and how it offends me. And I think they mentioned condoms ONE time in the damn (British for some damn reason) voiceover. That big douche with the fake grief shit..yeah how many people did your young ass know you died you POS! West Hollywood fuckery! I have to get off of here before I start threatening assholes on here.

13. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Ummmm well this is horrifying! You should send me his address- I'd be happy to have a few words with him. Or send him CME info re PrEP. Really just anything, cuz this isn't ok. Everything here is so below the standard of practice....smh. I can't.

I think you need a new doctor.

Tyroc and callie_bear_3 dapped this.
  14. Purple_Is_Wack

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I tend to appreciate your nuanced responses and that is why I want to follow you

callie_bear_3 dapped this.
  15. Purple_Is_Wack

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I guess NYC is separate from other cities because most of the HIV targeting is geared toward gay and heterosexual people of color, and never do I see flamboyant men used in their ads.

16. Purple_Is_Wack

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Cruz or Trump....your move

17. Purple_Is_Wack

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Let's get real...that is faggy and cartoonish. At the very least it is disrespectful to feminine gay men and transgenders who are not flamboyant or outrageous. It is just a parody of most bway musicals....luckily I have cable. But what is most confusing is the voice over warning about using condoms. One major reason truvada was promoted, besides gay men being sluts, is that too many men forego condoms because either they could not get erection with one, or is was too distracting to put on condoms during tempestuous moments of passion.
    I feel like truvada similar to the way I feel about abortion...it is a necessary evil. Truvada means we can be mindless about sex, not worrying if our one night stand is so evil that he would inject me with the HIV virus without a moment's hesitation. It is a defeatist position like handing out syringes to intravenous uses in order to save lives. Ultimately it says we can live our lives as immorally as we choose and not suffer the consequences of our actions. For the record I have been HIV+ for 36 years, and always informed my partner of my status. I take zillions or more of HIV medications, am in great health, and smh when people mindlessly submit to taking a HIV prophylactic regardless of its toxicity.

18. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well I was being a little over the top with that. A gun to my head might be a better option than either of those fools.

19. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    How the hell did you manage to stay alive for 36 years? So you were diagnosed in 1980? What did they say you had since the name AIDS was not even in use yet? How did you stay alive for 15 years until the antiretrovirals of the mid nineties? Everyone who I knew who was diagnosed in the 80's died. Every single one. Damn.

I wish people would use the damn condoms and use the Truvada if they can get it or maybe try some other things besides fucking-there is huge world of sexuality out there, but young people in particular who have not been exposed to as much just seem to do the heteronormative thing.

20. Purple_Is_Wack

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    In 1980 I began experiencing extreme fatigue and I attributed that to the onset of HIV; I could be wrong. In 1985 I had my first T cell test and it was already in the 400's. I never believed AIDS was a death sentence, got involved in a lot of alternative therapies that were being propagated in the eighties, and saw this as a challenge to learn more about my body. I did not use any antivirals until Crixivan showed clinical effectiveness in 1996, and that coincided with my t cells dropping to 89, and the onset of KS. I am not at all religious, but search for truth at the price of human suffering. I have always been different, and somehow did not believe that I would die because I haven't experiencing living as a full human being. I am not a new age person, don't buy into all this pop psychology/spirituality. I have been in psychoanalysis for about 20 years, and do my best to be real to myself and others. Other than that I just may be lucky.

SB3 and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  21. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You are very unique to have actually gotten it so early and to still be around. It is really rare to find someone who survived "The Great Dying' from the very beginning. It is refreshing somehow to see someone who actually beat the odds and survived. Glad you are still around.

Purple_Is_Wack and SB3 dapped this.
  22. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Da hell?

Them mofo was dancing and carrying on in front of a Five Guys! Shhiiiidddd! I wouldn't have had any qualms about waking all up in the frame if those folks were blocking my way inside that Five Guys.

Tyroc and SB3 dapped this.
  23. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    She looks like she's trying to match your facial expression.

alton dapped this.
  24. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Thats why I chose that meme

Tyroc dapped this.