Best Posts in Thread: Relationship Sex (Condom or Raw)

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Considering the divorce rate and the number of STRAIGHT people that fuck around on spouses and partners, everyone gay or straight should be mature enough to discuss/get tests, etc.

Once you hit 40, you’ll have a number of potential health issues you need to personally address even outside sexual orientation as a black man (prostate, hypertension, cholesterol, A1C, etc.), which naturally involves your SO. I think mature couples—-and I mean by psychology not age—-incorporate all matters of health discussion INTO the relationship not avoid it. Discussion and honesty makes it possible for relationships to last. It also makes it easier to date HIV+ dudes or be in a serodiscordant relationship as you know each other’s vitals (see Cookie Johnson or Bill T. Jones’s spouse). The boyfriend and I know each other’s medical ins and outs, which helps us to encourage each other with our personal health issues and makes the relationship stronger (i.e. he knows I’m on prep, my medical issues from military service, etc).

Last night at Target, there was a young Asian couple in line before me and my boyfriend. SHE was buying the condoms and I noticed that after the purchase she then forthrightly handed the box to HIM. That was a young lady that knows and confronts shit!

thane, itsumoconfused, Austin MD and 3 others dapped this.
  2. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I don't know that I need to set a "time until" necessarily. I think you should have spent enough time with that person to reasonably assess their character and have built that trust. That's very person-dependent though because for some it might take 6 months, for some 2 years, for others maybe they just don't have a good judge of character and are paranoid so they always use condoms lol.

@Austin MD also brought up another thought inadvertently - is it reasonable for someone to be offended that their partner would request they both get tested every 3-6 months? Do you think this erodes trust?

I personally wouldn't be offended but hey.