Report: Chick-fil-A Still Hates Gay People

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Oct 26, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Many Black gay people simply just don't care and will continue to eat Chick-fil-A. I see countless Black gay men eating their chicken biscuits every morning at work. If a white cop beats a black trans woman inside of a Chick-fil-A, then Black gays perhaps would stop eating there.

[​IMG]

Remember, every chicken sandwich you buy from Chick-fil-A helps support anti-gay Christian hate groups.

A new report from ThinkProgress indicates that Chick-fil-A, a southern-style chicken sandwich franchise and a self-identified Christian company, continues to support anti-gay groups despite making a pledge several years ago claiming that it had “ceased donating to organizations that promote discrimination, specifically against LGBT civil rights.”

Chick-fil-A Foundation’s most recent IRS filings show it gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to anti-LGBTQ organizations in 2015. Though its website’s FAQ claims the foundation “is focused on helping every child become all they were created to be,” its donations went to groups that do not believe this includes LGBTQ youth.

The report goes on to give several examples of various anti-gay Christian groups that are currently receiving more than a million dollars annually from the chicken franchise with a love for jesus.

In particular, “the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave more than $1 million in 2015 (nearly one-sixth of its total grants) to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes,” a religious organization which “imparts a strongly anti-LGBTQ message.”

In addition, the foundation also gave more than $200,000 to the Paul Anderson Youth Home, a Georgia-based “transformative organization” that operates an anti-gay “Christian residential home for troubled youth” and uses propaganda associated with harmful and discredited “ex-gay” therapy.

Also on the list, “the Chick-fil-A Foundation gave at least $130,000 to the Salvation Army. The religious organization has a long history of anti-LGBTQhousing discrimination, opposition to same-sex marriage equality, and supporting exemptions from non-discrimination ordinances”.

Indeed, Chick-fil-A has a long and well documented history of promoting discrimination against members of the gay and lesbian community. In the past Chick-fil-A donated considerable resources to anti-gay causes, including Christian extremist organizations labeled as hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

And in the past Chick-fil-A has supported multiple anti-gay Christian extremist organizations, including the Focus on the Family Institute, the American Family Association, the National Organization for Marriage, the Pennsylvania Family Institute, Exodus International and the Family Research Council. These groups are some of the most vehement and vicious anti-gay groups in the country.

Bottom line: The Christian fast food restaurant whose corporate purpose is to “glorify God,” continues to support anti-gay groups and organizations.

Read more at Report: Chick-fil-A Still Hates Gay People

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Shit, I do too...:troll:

OckyDub and SB3 dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I love Chickfil A....but they don't give enough portions...This isn't Jesus feeding the masses with some fish and a few loaves of bread...Give me my money worth.

Also, Chickfil A needs to brush up on their Christian morals. Slaughter millions of chickens always makes me laugh. Damn food not even sanctified and people still eat and then they close on Sunday but the factory still open killing they chickens for Monday.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  4. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Yeah I haven't eaten at the place for quite some time. I just will not support it because they don't support me

Cyrus-Brooks, ColumbusGuy and OckyDub dapped this.
  5. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    IDK if we even have that restaurant here. I think I heard a rumor abt one, but whatever. I also still don't buy Barilla pasta, and its ALWAYS on sale.

alton dapped this.
  6. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
    I read Barilla basta in the most thickest African accent when reading this.

#RandomConfessions lol

Nigerian Prince, Winston Smith and SB3 dapped this.
  7. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I get people not wanting to eat there anymore but my question is could you imagine having that same mindset for establishments and products that feel the same way about black people period? Fortunately if that was the case we would be force to develop our own and support our own but that's not the reality right now. So I say go ahead and enjoy your chick-fil-a, (those waffle fries are amazing), because I'm sure there are a lot more companies you give money to that don't "support" you.

Side note: Can we really blame this company and companies alike for their religious beliefs if they don't illegally discriminate? They believe their religion is against gays, although there are supporters that are more extreme than others. I feel like let them have their beliefs, i don't care, but are they providing you equal satisfactory service without hitting you with a bible verse? If you choose not to be a consumer based on the principle i get that too but keep that same energy with everything else too.

OckyDub dapped this.
  8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I have never eaten there. And I have no inkling to start.

*We all know @Nick Delmacy hates gays-why he is always trying to date these straight guys. ;)

Yes. If some restaurant chain said 'We will serve anyone and abide by the law and treat everyone equally, but we really want you niggers to know that we don't like you and we send money to the KKK and other White Supremacist Groups and all because it is part of our religous beliefs that niggers are not even human.." You would not blame them/boycott them just because you like the damn food? Really?

Cyrus-Brooks and I-Stay-Woke dapped this.
  9. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship

I don't eat at Chick-fil-A. Fuck Chick-fil-A! I despise their food, their politics, and their theology. Black gay people who eat at Chick-fil-A are a perfect example of why no one takes us seriously. The word is out many of us won't stick together and stand up for ourselves. I gotta give white gay dudes credit on this. They go after public figures and companies that are homophobic.

10. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    There's one by my job on 36th. Muhf#$kaz be lined up down the BLOCK to eat there at lunch. I refuse.

Cyrus-Brooks and SB3 dapped this.