Romeo Miller sounds off on backlash from interracial romance

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Jan 14, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    Romeo Miller is opening up about past criticism he received for having a white girlfriend.

In an interview with Rolling Out, the rapper/actor recalled some the negative comments he received last year, when he posted a photo to Instagram of his girlfriend at the time, Toneata Morgan.

“At that time, the person I was dating, she was a different race … she’s white, I’m black,” Miller said. “At that time in my life, I wasn’t aware that that was still a big deal. There’s a lot more craziness going on in the world. A problem shouldn’t be whether I like somebody that’s black, Chinese, Puerto Rican, or purple. If I love you, I love you for you.”

Miller is thankful he was able to discuss some of the backlash he received on social media while filming scenes for WEtv’s Growing Up Hip-Hop alongside Morgan.

“I think that’s the cool thing I was able to show on this TV show at that time in my life is that love is colorless at the end of the day, and you can’t live for other people,” Miller said. “I haven’t been in many relationships, but what I learned from that relationship is that you have to make sure you’re happy.

2. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Muhf@#kz just got ENTIRELY too much time on they hands if they can sit around and blog their disgust over who some ni@@a they'll NEVER meet in they lifetimes is puttin his d@#k into. smh

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  3. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Exactly, well said on his part. I have a female friend that gets all down in the mouth whenever a black celeb is dating a white woman and I'm like sooo...She even commented once about Kendrick Lamar's lightskin girlfriend and how "How can you say Darker the Berry the sweeter the juice and then date a lightskin girl??".....because he caaan????:childplease: He ain't dating you, stop worrying about it! lol

#3 cypher21, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    redsai84, grownman and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Side note: Romeo Miller is Master P's son.... He must get his great looks from his mother...

cypher21 and OckyDub dapped this.
  5. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    In all fairness I can understand black women getting sour when black male celebrities get a trophy white gf or wife as soon as they get famous. White women are put on a pedestal as the pinnacle of female beauty. Society is disrespectful of black women's beauty and femininity. The lack of available mates for black women is makes it even worse. So I get why they feel some type of way. These type of high profile relationships also feed into the racial anxiety I've seen expressed by many black people about breeding ourselves out of existence.

6. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Sad to say... that is their (black women) problem. Yes media may play a part in the illusion that these black men getting white women but the over all majority (over 90% I believe the last stat I saw) of black men are with black women.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  7. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    That's may be their issue but I still understand why many of them are irked by this for various demographic reasons the lack of marriagable black men is a big problem and that feeds their anger when it comes to things like interracial dating and homosexual relationships. If the social problems regarding men in the black community could be solved it would go a long way to softening the sour feelings which would be good for everyone.

Jdudre dapped this.
  8. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Hmmm. Though I don't pay attention to celebs. It does seem like the men they "lust" after date someone from another race and they are usually fair-skinned.

However, the media loves to put the interracial thing over board.

There was that gay black guy that most black gays were all up for until they found out his boyfriend was white...lol

ColumbusGuy dapped this.