Sen. Cory Booker Makes His Presidential Prospect Debut At Lowa Democratic Party Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Oct 8, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    He could've stood there and scratched his ass while diggin in his nose. I will be voting for the Democratic candidate "regardless of". Just like the GOP senators voted for Brett Kavanaugh "regardless of" him lying under oath.

3. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I don't know why but I don't care for him that much.

What you think about O'Rourke down in Texas?

Cyrus-Brooks and Winston Smith dapped this.
  4. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I like him but he's too far left for 2020. He wouldn't win the primary if there was a more moderate candidate. After Trump, America is done with candidates at the relative extremes. Cory Booker isn't an extremist to me personally but I could see that being the case for a good number of voters. You win elections by convincing the folks in the middle and he's just too polarizing right now.

I think he stands a far greater chance on a ticket with him at VP - possibly springboarding his way to 2024/2028. The best thing going for him is that he's still young.

I've said this time and time again, but I'd love to see Kamala Harris on a ticket (without Cory). As a female minority with her track record, she's more someone that moderates could get behind.

mojoreece, Juan-Carlos and LeMignon dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I hope he wins. Also per the new dem attack ad on Cruz...

6. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    :heh:
    Far left? That nigga is the poster child for black bourgeois corporate neoliberalism lol. He’s only far left if Trump is the statistical mean. He’s also the thirstiest mofo running.

[​IMG]

Not crazy about Kamala either (check out her record as a prosecutor). I’ve never been one of those “vote black cause I’m black” types, having been old enough to live through the years of niggas like Marion Barry, Kwame Kilpatrick, Wilson Goode, and Mel Reynolds.

It’d be nice if there were a Bill Clinton New Democrat type who understood the old mantra “It’s the economy, stupid.” The economy is the only reason Trumps shit show rolls along with folk who should know better (until the next bear market).

mojoreece and BrentForays dapped this.
  7. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    Trying to sway moderates while ignoring liberal voters is the exact reason why Trump is president. Democrats need to do better. Stacey Abrams and Andrew Gillum know better. That's why they are winning in southern states right now.

Sean P and OckyDub dapped this.
  8. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Admittedly, "far left" wasn't the best descriptor but he is polarizing. He would be a swing in the opposite direction from Trump, in the sense of either you hate him or you love.

In terms of Kamala, I think she has the strength to handle the presidency.

Finally, I'm not saying vote black cause I'm black, but we haven't really seen anyone else poke their head up yet.

The reason why trump is president is because white women voted against their interests. They bought into the idea of "Crooked Hillary" despite her political agenda because their white men told them to. In regards to Gillum, et al, Trump was enough to scare people to the polls - I personally don't think they campaigned in a way that would have made much of a difference pre-trump. Right place, right time. I'm not complaining though, it's a foot in the door.

mojoreece and Winston Smith dapped this.
  9. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I would only take disagreement with the statement that white women “voted against their interest.” That’s the mistake that liberals, blacks (especially writers at The Root and Jezebel), and white Dems who breathe their own fumes mistake. White women who voted for Trump DID vote in their own interests! Their interests don’t happen to be the same as a majority of black women and those white women who subscribe to Hillary and Liberal Arts Beckys. Not all women care about Roe V Wade or the issues that media and political elite women say they should support. Some are business owners, some like the GOP’s current caustic culture. They are not monolithic (as we always tell white folk about blacks).

The problem is that Clinton and her type (Madeleine Albright, etc.) are like those black politicians who think people who are their same race or sex should just “fall in line.” That’s why Clinton lost, she was a lazy and arrogant campaigner and thought the election should just be handed to her. And she apparently learned nothing from her 1992 “I ain’t Tammy Wynette” rhetoric. Having (to my chagrin) grown up around hillbillies and rednecks, I knew then she’d always have that “East Coast elitist” albatross around her neck after that foot chewing sound bite

24 Years Ago Hillary Clinton Insulted Tammy Wynette on National TV

So she basically wrote off the undecided white soccer moms for her own 2016 campaign like she pissed them off for her husband’s 1992 campaign. And you can bet a lot of those white soccer moms are thinking (even if they don’t say it) “what if MY SONS get the Brett Kavanaugh treatment in college or high school?”

Remember, white women were the primary beneficiaries of affirmative action, not black men. So many white women have money and positions that are EXACTLY in line with GOP interests. The Hillaries and Pussy Hats of the world need to take that into their calculations.

takeyourmeds91 dapped this.
  10. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Points very well taken. I just didn't feel that the majority of the 53% who voted for Trump had a special interest in his agenda. Sure you have some business owners but I'd hedge my bet that they make up a small percentage of that 53.

"Not all women care about Roe V Wade or the issues that media and political elite women say they should support." I'd be curious to learn more about this demographic. The only thing I can conjure up is them buying into trump's promise for job security for their husbands and family. When framed that way it makes sense. Already said above and now I agree but the 2016 race was more about economics for some people than was previously thought.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  11. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    @takeyourmeds91 You always make good points, I dont want you to think I don’t respect your intelligence or opinion. I usually only wade into these threads because I like forensics and debate. Ultimately, I really don’t give a shit who wins. I think I mentioned how, being an older Gen Xer, I was born in the rural south when there were still colored-only signs (that shit DID NOT go down overnight just because of the Civil Rights Act and was still around when I came on the planet later). Then moved to the Midwest/north in grammar school only to see on TV white DEMOCRATS in Boston and Chicago fight school desegregation. Donkeys and Elephants all smell like Skunks to me...

Chris Rock and Dave Chappell’s pretty much summed up my opinion about the whole thing in their 2016 post-election SNL skit. I’m gonna survive regardless which “Favored White Folk” or HNIC gets elected...

12. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    @Rico Nah, I like these too because it gets me to consider other possibilities or even be corrected

13. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    I don't know about winning in southern states. They won Democratic primaries in which democrats were running. If they should win the general election then you have a point.

14. BrentForays

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Single
    When I say winning, I meant currently winning in the polls against their general election opponent. I thought that was implied. Anyway, they are doing way better than their democratic predecessors who were obsessed with moderates.

15. Austin MD

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    Single
    He’s cool and all but even though the media tries to present America as progressive, we are not. They still like the notion of a traditional family with a First Lady and kids with a dog. The “All American Family” which unfortunately Cory Booker does not have. I feel like he would be great member in a presidential cabinet. Same with Kamala Harris. She would be a great Attorney General but not quite sure she’s ready for the Presidency yet. All I know is whoever the Dems pick (Hopefully Biden) they help motivate the base to actually go and vote!

16. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I hope he's not the Democratic nominee. If he is Trump will mop the floor with him. As ugly as it sounds if the Democrats wanna take back the White House they need to nominate a mayor or governor, preferably a white guy who can go toe to toe with Trump and that doesn't scare off Mr. and Mrs. mayonnaise, white bread, middle America.