Best Posts in Thread: Social Media And Obsession With Body Image...

1. machoBLKnerd

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    don't hate the player, hate the game.

i never fully buy the fitness argument, the same way i rarely buy a woman's suggestion that "i'm only dressing like this for myself". but i'm all for freedom of choice: he can set daily thirst traps and navigate the potential shallow friendships and relationships that often come with it. we make choices. we live with our choices. we make new ones.

he isn't the most, shall i say, butch or attractive guy out there. if muscularity is how he attained self confidence in our culture of consumption and disposal, then i say, don't hate the player, hate the game. in my experience, everyone derives confidence from smthng and markets themselves based on it: dudes lead with their resume #datingindc, their education, their dick size, their cuteness, their money, their style/ wardrobe, their masculinity, you name it. some things, like muscles, just pop more on IG than other traits. looks like he even spun that phatty into a modeling career. get ya money, shawty. #nohateration

#6 machoBLKnerd, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    One thing the muscular fem guy in video said that I feel is actually good advice is to unfollow and delete all social media accounts that add to the feelings of insecurity or being inadequate, especially in the gay community.

Coincidently a guy I follow on social media recently posted this:
    50072791-AB51-4145-8D43-50A5EF1373E1.jpeg

3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Agreed. Its like when straight men get back tattoos. Those are not for them, they are for other people to look at while they walk around shirtless like peacocks.

As far as the dude in the video, I need to see him with the "good guy" with an average body before I buy his new found awakening. Like @RolandG said, he still projects the image/behavior that he said was unfulfilling and attracted the wrong type of guys.

4. Mrmack8913

Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Your first paragraph is on point. When I first came out I immediately realized going to the gym and getting fit would be a boon if I wanted to be out in the gay scene. It's never really just about health. If that's the case alotta these fit dudes wouldn't be out raw dogging but I digress. He also mentioned how people would see him mainly thirst trap but there's more to him. That's all well and good but if he wants others to see that side post more non half naked pics and ur interests. That ain't getting the likes though so I get it. But if he is happy what can I really say more power to him. His skin tone and ass are amazing definitely body goals.