That Black Business Thread

Discussion in 'Travel and Vacation Destinations' started by Winston Smith, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Based on @SB3 and @Krimsonic_ convo, I thought it’d be a good idea to start a thread highlighting black businesses CA members think are worthy of patronage when visiting different cities. To kick it off, I’m nominating this black owned coffee shop if you’re ever in the Hyde Park area in Chicago (Obama’s old stomping grounds)

http://www.sipandsavorchicago.com/

I personally hate Starbucks and chain coffee (in a pinch I’ll hit Dunkin, though) and prefer private cafes as the expressos and cappuccinos usually taste way better. Starbucks did some shady shit a couple of years ago by draping the bus stop in front of Sip in black with their logo. Fuck them and their cop-calling cronies. Sip has good coffee drinks, free wifi, clean and spacious seating and decent prices. And unlike Starbucks their coffee doesn’t taste like shit.

I intend to do some traveling over the next year to make up for years of workaholic inactivity and would love to patronize black entrepreneurs. Feel free to share any businesses you consider worth spending money and time.

Krimsonic_ and SB3 dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Krimsonic_, SB3 and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. Krimsonic_

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I love this thread. I’m going to New Orleans for my birthday next weekend so thanks for the suggestions @Nick Delmacy

If y’all are ever in DFW, try Elaines Kitchen, Rudy’s Chicken (but not if you are on a healthy kick lol) and Cake Bar. I love each of those places.

Winston Smith and Nick Delmacy dapped this.