The Art of Shaving- The Million $ Face

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by handsomeguy25, Dec 4, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, but interesting to watch/read.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. handsomeguy25

handsomeguy25 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Heterosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    How would you like to receive the same great shave, for a fraction of the cost?

As guys, we all know that shaving can become rather expensive if we add up all the products that we use, multiplied by the number of times we have to restock our supplies cabinets to repeat this perpetual process. Or at least until male pattern baldness sets in for some of the male population. This is especially true if you use more higher end products. So again, I ask you, how would you like to receive the same great shave, for a fraction of the cost? If you could receive the same quality shave, at a lower price point, would you give it a try?

Take a gander, you might indeed thank me later!

Follow me on Twitter & IG: @mogulmister

Do you have suggestions for future videos? Leave comments below!

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm a fan of Dollar Shave Club razors. Shave Time. Shave Money. | Dollar Shave Club I have saved so much money by using them versus Gillette. I also don't even use shaving cream. Ivory soap works awesome for my skin. I tried olive oil before. It works but I feel soap works better for me.

Good guide.

handsomeguy25 dapped this.
  3. handsomeguy25

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Heterosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Thanks for that info. I haven't really gotten into the shave clubs as of yet. I feel like they do save money, but I also feel like they have a quota to reach and make you order a certain amount of products per billing period. IDK... If it works anything like the music/CD clubs back in the day... I am a little cautious of them. plus, everybody is coming out with a razor that is supposed to be perfect these days. I mean, like really? how has your experience been with the razors they send you? Are they unique to the company? Do they use other brand razors? I would like to know more about that. Perhaps I could do a review of them one day soon.

4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Well it's not like Columbia House or anything. Basically Dollar Shave Club is a subscription service. You drive what type of razor you want and they send it to you monthly or bi monthly. Their most affordable razor is literally $1.00 a month but you pay 2 for shipping after the first month. There's a medium and higher tier razor as well for $9 with shipping free. The razors in my experience of the Executive $9 are of high quality and better than the Gillette Fusions I used to use.

I guess I'm 'lucky' in that I can use standard razors. Clippers never reached close enough for me. I like that baby bottom smooth feel. After I shave, I follow up with tea tree oil for bump prevention.

I think people need to find out what works best for them. It's trial and error. We have too many different skin types and tolerances for these things to fit all. I know some people like the Bevel razor which is a black owned company. It's a safety razor system. I used to use a safety razor but I like the convenience of disposable ones. You do have to be careful with safety razors because you can easily nick yourself but they provide an even smoother skin.

Dante and handsomeguy25 dapped this.
  5. handsomeguy25

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Heterosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Everything you said is so true. And YESSSS for the tea tree oil!!! That is SUCH a great way to follow up a shave in order to keep the skin feeling refreshed, and to quickly repair dermal damage caused by passing the razor over your epidermis. Thanks for the information on the shave club, I am definitely going to to more research on it, and possibly join one come the first of the year. I am all for trying new things-- especially those that work.

I am curious to know how well does the Bevel razor work. I have seen it advertised over FB, but I have never heard of any actual customer's reviews that purchased the razor.