The CW's 4400 Reboot Explores the History of White Supremacy in America

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Sep 23, 2021.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I can assume they went this route to capitalize off of Watchman and Loftcraft Country. At first I felt some type of way because I'm tired of seeing struggle; however being that white supremacists are erasing all things Black / African history in schools, maybe shows like this are needed now more than ever?

[​IMG]

The co-showrunner for The CW's upcoming 4400 reboot revealed that the series will tackle America's decades-long problem of racial injustice.

Ariana Jackson told Entertainment Weekly as part of its fall television preview that the 2021 version of the series will explore "the history and legacy of white supremacy in our country and how it hasn't been fixed, and how that has led to where we are now."

Created and written by Scott Peters and René Echevarria, The 4400 originally aired on the USA Network from 2004 to 2007. Set near Seattle, Washington, the sci-fi series told the story of 4,400 people who suddenly reappeared after being presumed dead or missing over the course of the previous 50 years over four seasons. The show's ensemble cast featured two-time Oscar winner Mahershala Ali, along with Jacqueline McKenzie, Patrick Flueger, Conchita Campbell, Joel Gretsch and Billy Campbell.

Similarly, The CW's take on the show will see 4,400 marginalized people, who vanished without a trace throughout the past hundred years, return in an instant in 2021, with no memory of what happened and without having aged a day. As some begin to develop powers, "The 4400" must grapple with the mystery of what happened to them while also contending with the government, which is racing to sort out if the group is a serious threat.

It was previously confirmed that Arrow alum Jospeh David-Jones will appear in the series as Jharrell Mateo and Derrick A. King (The Pre-Quarter Life Crisis) will portray Rev Johnson, who are members of the reappeared people. While no details about Jharrell have been revealed, fans may recall that David-Jones portrayed Connor Hawke in Seasons 7 and 8 of Arrow and reprised the role in two episodes of Legends of Tomorrow. Meanwhile, Rev is described as a man of "true faith and compassion" who was raised in a wealthy Christian family and vanished in the '90s. He is also known for enjoying the power and wealth his position offers him.

Created by Anna Fricke and Ariana Jackson, The CW's 4400 stars Joseph David-Jones as Jharrel, Ireon Roach as Keisha, Brittany Adebumola as Shanice, TL Thompson as Dr. Andre and Jaye Ladymore as Claudette. The series is set to premiere on Oct. 25.

The CW's 4400 Reboot Explores the History of White Supremacy in America

Juan-Carlos dapped this.