The Dangers Of Being Gay In Uganda.

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Lancer, May 16, 2016.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I am taking DEEP DEEP DEEP DEEEEEP! controlled breaths writing this post so I can keep my train of thought and not burst out in flames!
    [​IMG]
    Instead of doing that, I will just highlight THE LEGION OF PROBLEMS that African counties/government/people face, that they choose to ignore and are more concerned with that two men are doing in the privacy of their home.
    Bad Roads and Social Infrastructure,
    Poor to border ling abysmal living conditions( I mean look at the peoples houses!?!),
    Major Corruption and Mishandling of Federal Funds,
    Lack of Basic High School education,
    No Electricity and Clean Drinking water,
    Poor Medical and Health facilities,
    Poor Employment rates and high Rate of Crime,

I could go on and on, however with all this problems an individual being Gay is what you pick issue with!?!
    I JUST CAN'T!!!

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Not as bad but the same thing happens in the US...these anti-homosexual tactics are diversionary and prey on faith based weak minds.

alton and acessential dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I really wish more African countries would stop the anti lgbt stuff and stop killing and arresting people for being gay. But one thing people dont realize is a lot of the anti lgbt ideas come from the west. Many of the countries were colonized by European powers who 1st set up anti sodomy laws ( also eurocentric Christianity, and Victorian values). Many western conservative Evangelical ministries send anti LGBT propaganda to these countries. The Evangelical miniseries are also sending money to the country and to some of the government officials those that support their ideas. There are conservative foreign groups who see Africa as the next frontier ripe for the taking. Some of it is the same ideology that justified slavery and colonialism in the 1st place smh. As a people we got to stop falling for the okie dokie. I dont care what any ideology or religion says I be damned if Im goin to kill my brother/family member over something just cause we disagree.

4. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    If I could chime in here. I will unequivocally that the safety and security of LGBT people is 100 times better in the United States than in the most dangerous parts of the world despite our rather troublesome record with violence and abuse against LGBT people. Secondly, the US government does notice these tactics and are working to place pressure on places like Uganda, particularly in the area of trade and economics to shape the kind of behavior we want. Thirdly, I think American gays and their supporters should bring attention to these right winged evangelicals who are travelling to Africa proselytizing. The Ugandan anti-LGBT laws are AMERICAN. These laws are being exported from our country to places in Africa with significantly weaker "justice" systems. I think the American gays should use some of its power to name and shame these individuals but in my humble opinion the white gay establishment doesn't care about black and brown lgbt people, especially if they are foreign. There is a lot of misinformation about LGBT people in Africa, but as more LGBT Africans come out and the issue of Equality Rights is brought up at international forums things will slowly change. Despite Secretary Clinton's record on LGBT rights, she was transformative when she declared that Gay Rights are Human Rights. With that being said, the UN is 192 member states and many have been slow to move on that declaration in international law and custom. We have a ways to go! It honestly makes me sick to my stomach when I read and personally see what happens to people fleeing grotesque treatment in their homelands.

[​IMG]

#4 BlackguyExecutive, May 17, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

Was gonna go in, but you's all pretty much said what I was gonna say, just in a much nicer and much more PC way. I blame Abrahamic Religion first and foremost (get mad, roll ya eyes, and dip & pop with the power of The Holy Spi'rt all you want), then the exploitative agenda of the U.S. takes up the rear.

@Lancer
    That Dark Phoenix gif TOTALLY describes how I feel about this issue and her resulting meltdown toward the end of the movie is exactly what I would love to do to every church, ministry, mosque, and Government Office (and everyone in, around, and involved with them) in Africa and around the world that perpetuates this stupid f#$kin bullsh!t .

Lancer dapped this.