The new scramble for Africa

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Lancer, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

It makes me angry when I see or hear black folks living in the West talking about white ppl robbing Africa again. As if to say those people in Africa and its leaders are too primitive to know and understand how evil the white man can be. I also think it takes away accountability from the African leaders and just how corrupt and self serving they can be.

Yes there is a new scramble for Africa, however an African leader should ask how their country benefit from this and how they can boost the economy and make it compete on an international scale.
    Just like what the President of Rwanda, Paul Kagame, is doing.
    The video raises valid points.

itsumoconfused and Winston Smith dapped this.
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I’m glad you cited Rwanda. Kagan Ellen is not without faults, but I also cite them as an example of a great nation that overcome supposed impossible paths to growth (landlocked, lack of sea port access, terrain).

Western readers need to broaden their news inputs. Because many in the West are math and economic deficient, they rely on political and popular media for views of Africa in terms of macroeconomics, rather than better, complex analysis. While African nations, like ALL countries, have their problems, there are many things going on that transcend the Sally Struthers flies and bloated bellies stereotypes. Off the type of my head, I recommend Bloomberg channels and sites over The Economist as a start. Also, I prefer Quartz Africa to anything from NBC, NY Times et al. And many young African millennials have their own things going on. If you’re lucky enough to live in a big city with a diverse population, there are African-orientation gin business mags at Barnes and Noble.

If there is a “scramble”, it’s not coming without a fight from the many young and educated Africans coming up.

Lancer and itsumoconfused dapped this.