The Right Writer

Discussion in 'Books, Comics and Graphic Novels' started by Jai, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I was curious to know are there any other writers on here that are active or lurking. I have my own indie science-fantasy ebook novel series and I'm working on shelling out Book 4, Legends of Potentia Recreo & the "specials" that happen in between them when I have time.

My main love and genre that I write in is YA science/supernatural fantasy novels with pretty much PG-13 content....but

I have been thinking of doing a gay black erotic novella called DeAntae Secrets. Ive started but stopped and Ive been bouncing around with finishing it. It's some of the most graphic content Ive written so far, though as of now, Ive only drafted the opening wet dream & morning wood sequence.

I have about three other novellas I want to write. One creature feature, another magical fantasy and a YA paranormal hunter club set maybe. Ive started on most of these.

Do any othet writers have any completed works or works in the making.

grownman dapped this.
  2. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm not a writer, but I have a knack and creativity for it, I think. I want to develop it more because I have a lot to potential say. I've had a lot of experiences that would make some great screenplays, if not novels. lol.

Are you a good editor? On a related but different topic, I just started a non-profit and could use a set of eyes to review our marketing materials and correspondence that's been sitting, waiting for me to let a good friend of mine look at.

grownman and Jai dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Honestly, Im not the best editor alive. Im still learning that craft as well but getting better at it.

I think the hardest thing for me is marketing and as a writer I try to stay in the shadows but with marketing indies, you have to kind of put yourself and your books out there.

One of my first screenplays was based off a short story but i finished the screenplay before the story (it was for a class) and now Im turning it back into a novella which will allow me to be more visually descriptive.

Screenplays are a whole nother beast!!

You should share your words.

JNH412 dapped this.
  4. JNH412

JNH412 I'm everywhere | I'm hard to find
    Bae Material The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm a poet and editor. I do some lyrical and scholarly essays. I have a few things published in a few different places and some new pieces coming out in a lil bit. Good question tho my brotha! Would be dope to get a lil writing community together on here.

#4 JNH412, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    grownman and Jai dapped this.