The Trailer for Dark Rising Promises a Diverse, Moody Superhero Epic

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, May 27, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

A compelling superhero show with African protagonists and a diverse worldwide cast? And it’s dark, atmospheric, and mysterious? Where do we sign up?

That’s the hope for Dark Rising, a British TV show whose first trailer just debuted at MCM London Comic Con. Created and written by Souvid Datta, a British-Indian writer, the show tells the story of “troubled youths discovering strange and formidable powers,” according to the press release, tracing journeys “from the politically charged slums of central Africa, to neglected communities across Europe and Central America.”

“Edged much closer to darkness than traditional heroism, we follow as they rediscover and rebuild morality in a world where they could so easily rule supreme,” the summary says. And the trailer speaks to that, with superpowered beings flying high above the slums, sinister, distant.

I think it looks good. As of now, the series is still in development, with no word on a network pickup, but you can watch the trailer below.

Juan-Carlos, Winston Smith and DreG dapped this.
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Agreed. Good to see Asian and African creatives telling stories from their own perspectives rather than Lion King/Tarzan type cartoony shit made by black American actors and filmmakers who are as clueless about true African cultures as the GOP (*cough*Black Panther*cough*cough)

3. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Ooooo, I can't wait to see more of this