Best Posts in Thread: This class thing, has me thinking...

1. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I've noticed that a lot of gay men are complete and utter bourgeois snobs. I would never knock someone who could be a potential date or mate if he's making an honest living as long as he's doing the best he can. Also there are a lot of blue collar jobs that pay good money like electricians, plumbers, welders, truck drivers, transit workers etc. I'd rather deal with guys like that than these pretentious queens who like to brag about their degree, but can't change a flat tire.

OckyDub, Juan-Carlos, thane and 10 others dapped this.
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Bill collectors don't care if the money came from tv or security,so I don't see why one makes a difference.If the lights are still on,I don't knock anyone who makes a comfortable living.

Cyrus-Brooks, Apollo, OckyDub and 4 others dapped this.
  3. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I also think many Gay guys have this internal competitive spirit with one another. Always trying to one-up each other, like 'I am better at being Gay, than you' be it in Dating, Finances, Housing, Trips, Clothing, Friends etc.
    Like Bro, I DON'T CARE!

Cyrus-Brooks, Apollo, OckyDub and 2 others dapped this.
  4. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The Media and these super star "Power Couples" got muhfkaz heads fkd up out here. It's already damn near impossible to find a dude thas worth a damn nowadays, and a muhfka wanna try and act brand new and turn they nose up at a dude wit a "menial" blue collar job. FOH. I will take a n!kka that works at McD's long as he fits my standards and is a half way decent dude. Summa these 'Mo'z be killin me with they delusions of grandeur.

Cyrus-Brooks, mojoreece, Lancer and 2 others dapped this.
  5. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Facts.

My degree hasn't really paid off for me so I can say having a degree doesn't make anyone better or worse. Employment is about timing and Like Factor. If you get the Culture Fit part of the interview and you've got charm and the creds, you're in.

I think this is still part of the Power Couple mentality guys have.

The way guys are these days, if you have your own car and crib where you can host, you're good.

Cyrus-Brooks, OckyDub, Lancer and 2 others dapped this.
  6. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    As long as we can go half, I'm good. Doesn't really matter what you do.

Cyrus-Brooks, Apollo, Lancer and 2 others dapped this.
  7. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    So I ran into this dude during my after work commute,my type short about 5'7, nice smile and a mean back curve CAKES! lol. So in typical me fashion, I strike up a convo and give him my # to hangout. Few weeks later, we at this bar and I run into an old acquaintance from collage who is now a Doctor, Neurology. We start catching up, while the dude I was with was at the bar getting drinks...
    Acquaintance ; Is that the guy you interested in?
    Me; Yeah (smiling)
    Acquaintance; I see you haven't changed at all, still up to your same ways(laughs).
    Me: What does that mean?
    Acquaintance; No offence, but he is Ghetto.
    Me; *Pauses* That's a very rude and classist thing to say.
    Acquaintance;
    C'mon, you know me. I am from a lower middle class home, I grew up around dudes like him but after a while you have to step it up. If you want something serious. I mean what does he do for a living?
    Me; He is a security guard at the moment, also that has never mattered to me.
    Acquaintance; Ok, if you say so (what a 'oh poor you' look on his face)​

Dude comes over with the drinks smiling and even got one for the acquaintance (In my mind I go, If you only knew what he just said about you) and starts chatting with him. When the acquaintance leaves, homeboy says 'oh he seems really nice, I had a good conversation with him'. No, he was just being patronizing( said in my head).
    Later, I find out that said acquaintance is with a TV host on a big network.
    It got me thinking about Wealthy dude from before( Finance and Dating(with Black Gay Men) ). I mean we vibed, but I was nowhere near his class or finances, which I think played a role in the distancing.

A dudes class has never mattered to me, however as I am getting older and wouldn't mind something long term or of substance I don't know if it is something I should start considering.:thinking:
    Oh well, in the mean time let me go holla at this dude I saw at the cash register at Whole Foods. lol