This Poster for 'Birth of a Nation' Is a Punch to the Gut

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by cuspofbeauty, Jul 16, 2016.

1. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    In Birth of a Nation, Nate Parker plays Nat Turner, a Virginia slave who led a rebellion of slaves and free blacks in 1831. The film swept Sundance and is already generating Oscar buzz.

On Friday, Parker tweeted out the upcoming film's poster—a powerful image of himself as Turner, with an American flag noose around his neck, tears in his eyes.

[​IMG]

2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    "Filmimg well is the best revenge." Saw the trailer at the theatre amidst all the trailers for romcoms and action flicks. The dead silence in the crowd that befell when the trailer played almost made me laugh out. It seems like such a well put together film that the title will forever now be associated with Parker's work not D.W. Griffith's infamous, same-named Klan/Confederate propaganda.

Jdudre and cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  3. 850famuman

850famuman Lonely Legend

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Hmmmmm I have some very strong & mixed feelings about this film and Turner Rebellion, itself that I will save until the movie is in theaters.....