Tiffany Haddish’s Ex-Husband Sues Over Domestic Violence Claims in Biography

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, May 29, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I listened to an interview he did in ATL for a local radio station and I believe his every word.

[​IMG]

Tiffany Haddish’s ex-husband claims that her best-selling biography, The Last Black Unicorn, is full of lies about their marriage, and now he is suing her for libel, slander and defamation and asking for $1 million in damages.

According to TMZ, William Stewart claims that the chapter in her book titled “The Ex-Husband” depicts him as an abuser, alleging that he choked, kidnapped and stalked her during their five-year marriage. The book also hints that Stewart’s abuse was the reason she lost their unborn child; he claims that Haddish had an abortion.

Here are a few more details from the lawsuit, per TMZ:

Stewart says he and Tiffany were married in 2008 and divorced in 2013 ... not married twice and divorced twice like Tiffany claims in the bio. He also claims allegations she made in a 2011 restraining order filed against him were false and dismissed in court.

William’s also pissed Haddish went after his own mother, Elnora Daughtery, in the book ... claiming she abused Stewart as a child and was aware he was abusing Tiffany, but did nothing to stop it.

Stewart’s attorney, Michael Sterling, tells TMZ, “For the defendants’ own profit, they painted my clients as abusers in a best-selling book. After a thorough review of the facts and evidence, we know that the assertions made by the defendants about my clients in “The Last Black Unicorn” are patently untrue.”

He continues, “Powerful people and influential corporations can’t intentionally and recklessly destroy someone’s reputation with malicious lies for their own profit. After exhausting our ability to solve this matter privately, we have been left with no choice, but to seek legal recourse. We look forward to our day in court.”​

The book does not mention Stewart by name, but he claims that it makes him easily identifiable because he was the only person to whom she was married. The book’s co-author, Tucker Max, and publisher, Simon & Schuster, are also named as defendants.

Haddish has yet to respond publicly to the lawsuit.