Top Ten Cities for HIV Rates (and Atlanta ain't even No. 1)

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by Winston Smith, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    10. Baltimore, MD
    9. Jacksonville, FL
    8. Columbia, SC
    7. Atlanta, GA
    6. Memphis, TN
    5. Orlando, FL
    4. Jackson, MS
    3. New Orleans, LA
    2. Miami, FL
    1. Baton Rouge, LA

Notice that New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles don't make the top list. Some of this is poor black folk without proper medical resources trapped in Bible Belt hellholes like Louisiana. But notice how many are "MURICA!!!!" Southern cities. The tragedy for all the flag-waving Trumpies is that their communities need HIV education and medicine sometimes more than many of us in our "sinful gay urban enclaves." Seeing poor white folks cheer on the dismantling of a health care system (Obamacare) that, while imperfect, is more likely to keep them alive than not is beyond madness.

The 10 Cities With the Highest HIV Rates

Link to original CDC data
    https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/library/reports/surveillance/cdc-hiv-surveillance-report-2015-vol-27.pdf

2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    When I first got HIV, my doctor kept insisting that I wasn't HIV positive. But I kept telling him that according to the CDC, every gay man in Atlanta has it so I MUST have it too.

He even presented multiple "alternative facts" test results that said I was negative. But I know better.

Our new President has taught me that facts don't matter...rumor, conspiracy theories and and assumptions do. So no matter how much my doctor tries to "prove" to me that I do not have HIV, I know better.

:troll:

Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    It helps not to use doctors from the VP's home state

Pence’s principles tested during HIV outbreak among Indiana drug abusers

Yeah I take those "Employees Must Wash Hands Before Returning to Work" sign seriously when leaving Chicago and stopping at a gas station across the state line...

4. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well those cities(actually metro areas and not 'cities' as per city limits) have a decent sized black population(by metro area.) Orlando is the outlier with only 16.2 percent black, but the others are all from 21.8-47.7 black. All of those cities are in the top 31 metro areas for actual black population by numbers, even though some are fairly small(Jackson, Mississippi being #31 in black population numbers but #94 in total population numbers.)
    Blacks are still over-represented when it comes to HIV and that cannot be forgotten or overlooked by anyone(especially black gay men but you all know that) because you know damn well this current administration does not give a shit about blacks or gays or any poor people(even the poor stupid whites they have fooled of course).

and those other cities metro areas?

New York- 17.8 percent black.
    Chicago-17 percent black.
    Los Angeles- 7.1 percent black
    San Francisco- 7 percent black.

Only the outlier Orlando at 16.2 percent black is comparable-and only to New York and Chicago. Not sure why Orlando is different? Maybe hispanic population? It is a Saturday night and my no life having self will look into it lol.

This PC article did not even mention this obvious fact(relatively large black population) except to throw out this nugget: 'African-American gay and bisexual men are most affected by HIV, according to AIDS.gov...'. Being PC can be a dangerous thing.

@Rico
    Everyone of those southern 'Murica' cities has a large black population percentage(I don't consider Orlando 'southern' anymore than Miami.)
    :ohhh:

*and @Nick Delmacy the CDC did not say every black gay man in Atlanta has HIV-they said if things don't change, every other gay black man will. Talking about 'alternative facts'...*gives side-eye*...
    :foxxxy::troll:
    Yeah you joke but you know damn well that if you had even a hint of an 'HIV scare' your germophobic self would be in a state of total panic-and that paranoia is one reason you have don't have it and won't get it- and can joke about it, which is a good thing really so props to you.
    You may joke about it, but you are doing what you have to do to stay in that fortunate negative(are those two words together oxymorons or just regular morons?)category.

*Pence is a true white devil IMO.

#4 ColumbusGuy, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017