Totally Random Animation Moment

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by Winston Smith, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Story boarding an animated short I want to produce, so I'm in the mood.

When I was a kid, I loved foreign animation. Eastern Bloc filmmakers were a favorite. This is a fire safety PSA put out by the Canadian Film Board, by animator Zlatko Grgic.I didn't scare easy as kid in terms of horror movies, etc.; but what happens to the Earth after the malfunctioning toaster scared the shit out of me when I was a shorty, and I still irrationally unplug EVERYTHING in the house when I go on vacation.

Another Film Board classic, a Christmas short, right up there with Charle Brown and the Grinch for me. I didn't notice the naughty bit with the piano player or the nude painting in the saloon when I was a kid.

During World War II, the Army put out racy film shorts meant for soldiers in the field. Private Snafu was a special character created by the makers of Bug Bunny cartoons.

jpo dapped this.
  2. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Thanks for posting these. Only had time to watch the fire one.
    I'm with you - everything gets unplugged when I am going to be away for a while. Also these days saves on zombie power with all the electronics that are always on but sleeping.
    I don't want to feed your paranoia but I notice this was made in 1971, before we had to worry about the batteries in our laptops and other such things catching fire (thank you, Dell).
    I look forward to catching the other two when I have time.

Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I saw the first two as a kid on a PBS show that British actress Jean Marsh used to host called "International Animation Festival.," so they were probably quite a few years old by then. I think the Toy Robbery one is actually from the 1960s. Yeah, I remember safety standards were a LOT looser back then. If you've ever seen the Kurt Russell comedy, "Used Cars," there's a scene where some dad is driving a station wagon and all the kids fall out the back door. Not confirming or denying any involvement in any such similar situation, or a permanent knee scar some kid might have gotten who later became a supporter of CA, just saying....