Toxic Masculinity

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Jai, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    In my opinion, this is toxic masculinity. Someone posted this on Facebook and I went off on them.
    FB_IMG_1553102713562.jpg

I find it so messed up that in order to be a true gentleman, you have to risk your life. Why are men treated like disposable napkins and are only respected if they risk their life for someone?

The comments really pissed me off. He should be protecting the woman and only a real man would stand on the outside of the curb.

Like who makes these rules about what a man should and shouldn't do? And why do some women even agree with this. It completely goes against their, "I'm a strong woman and I don't need a man," chatter, yet they call a man, less of a man sad if he doesn't stand on the right side of the road.

Also, the men in the comments are equally as dumb with these speaking down on other men.

I often wonder will most of society stay this way or will they evolve. Why do men have to throw themselves to protect women but women don't do the same?

I could see if the woman was a child..

Winston Smith, mojoreece and OckyDub dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I think memes and thinking like this mostly has to do with chivalry, which I do try to project myself.

However, they also take away agency from the women and their own decisions. What if she CHOSE to walk on that side of the sidewalk? Would the man still be automatically judged harshly? Of course he would.

We’re seeing the same kind of liberal blue-Twitter-checkmark outcry for presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke. People are upset that he supposedly didn’t let his wife speak for 3 minutes during his announcement video. Not even taking account that she may have CHOSEN to remain silent and just be there to support her husband.

Winston Smith and BrentForays dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    100dap:clap:

Infinite_loop dapped this.
  4. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    It's something about that which irks me. Like the double standards are horrible sometimes. A man shouldn't do this or that and if he does, he's less of a man. If a woman punches a man in the face she is a strong woman and he is a punk, if a man hits her, he is a punk and an abuser and she is the helpless victim.

I believe this irritates so much because I remember growing up with toxic masculinity. I'm pretty much nerdy and sensitive (many compassionate and all that other stuff). You wouldn't call me an alpha male nor am I a bitch. Like it kinda ticks me off that as a child they try to mold you into this thing...Give your life, that's what gentleman do. Why? So you can forget about me two days later after your favorite Instagram photo goes viral?

Winston Smith dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  6. OckyDub