TV's 'Bring It' dance coach arrested for statutory rape, HIV exposure

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Sep 19, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    John-Conner-III-1.jpg
    A Memphis, Tenn., dance coach has been arrested after police allege he had sex with a minor while knowingly having the HIV virus.

John Conner, 27, was arrested and charged with charged with criminal exposure to HIV, soliciting sexual exploitation of a minor and statutory rape by an authority figure.

WREG reports that last year Connor and the 16-year-old victim had unprotected sex, but Conner did not tell the victim he was HIV positive.

The two had unprotected sex several times in the suspect’s car and also sent each other sexually suggestive texts and nude photos.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Connor was diagnosed with HIV in 2012.

Conner was arrested Friday and is being held on $100,000 bail.

Police said he is due in court on Monday.

Read more at WREG and the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

2. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I hope someone is watching this duded 24/7. He was just tried to committed suicide a little while ago. To his credit, he has spoken out against the allegations and is claiming his innocence. He alluded that it was a tactic someone is using to get back at him (or to take over his dance team). I really hope this is not true. Its never a good thing to be tried in the media even if your innocent.

OckyDub dapped this.
  3. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    1. A 16 yr old is no victim! Let's keep it 100.

2. His azz deserves whatever he gets for dealing with a damn 16 yr old.

Another person making it seem as if gay men are fukn predators. I'm over this shyt!

Jdudre, ControlledXaos and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Lets not forget all of this stuff is "alleged". Hes not been proven guilty legally.

5. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Yea, yea! These arent the kind of allegations that just 'go away'. If his grown azz was dumb enough to be fukn a kid who still gets a report card, then thats his bad. Shyt is fukn ridiculous!

Dante, Jdudre and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  6. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    So much going on here....

However if the age of consent is 16 in Tennessee then that's not the issue.

Though I wouldn't expect a 16 year old to think to ask about STDS. If he did and and this man lied that's different. If this teenager was 21, we'd probably be saying he should have protected himself.

Somethings takeaways I have...

If this man does have HIV, takes him meds as prescribed, is undetectable, and the teenager did not acquire HIV as a result of the unprotected sex, is this No Harm No Foul? If so, does this support that HIV isn't a death sentence and 1980s HIV/AIDS laws need to be updated to what medical technologies are capable of?

Are 16 year old THOTs innocent little lambs?

Is this dude so turned out that everyone in his age group knows how he rolls so he flipping through his nieces year books for dates?

How did the 16 year old find out about his alleged status?

Who was this man talking to because I know he had to tell someone about his new "piece" just made a big honor roll?

Wayment! Y'all having sex in a car? You a grown azz man and don't have your own spot or hotel room? Or even a by the minute spot?

7. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Thats why i just try to stay out the spotlight. Im too human. The temptation for fame is a lure for many, but I couldn't handle scandal these days. Let me do me and not end up in paper or tabloids cuz i like gettin head in the car and got caught. Lol. (Just kiddin.)

But here we have a case-in-point about how fucked up life/the world can be on so many levels.

8. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    You should see how Rolling Stone wrote the article compared to other news outlets. Rape, sexual abuse, sext messages, etc. Making dude out to be evil and the 16 year old into an innocent victim.

But back to my thing about how fucked up shit can be...the age of consent is 18 in tennessee and 16 in Mississippi. They are in Memphis. They were already in the car, so all he had to do was just drive a good 15 minutes south. Lol.

9. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    If the boy is HIV positive, how do we know he got it from the dance coach?

ControlledXaos and Dante dapped this.
  10. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm leaning more as this possibly being a "You fucked my son, so I am going to tell everyone you have HIV..." or a "If you don't..., I will..." scandal...smh

At the end of the day, I hope this isn't a lie, bc once you have to register as a sex offender, that can be a tattoo you can't remove or cover over.

mojoreece dapped this.
  11. Dreamwalker

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm curious what the response would have been if the accused was a 16 year old or 18 year old.
    Woman Defends Using Electrical Cord To Discipline Son Caught In Homosexual Act With Cousin
    March 4, 2013 7:34 AM

Update 3/7: Chief Dan Dennis with the Forest Hill Police Department spoke with CBSDFW Thursday evening, defending his officer. “Miss Moore’s statement of the officer’s alleged inappropriate comments are simply untrue. The conversation was recorded. The officer’s conduct was entirely professional. The Forest Hill Police Department does not discriminate against any citizen based on sexual orientation.”

Forest Hill Police Captain Steve Yancey says the reason they didn’t charge the 18-year-old involved in the case is because Moore refused to cooperate.

“We attempted to setup interviews with her son in cooperation with CPS and could not get her to bring her son to be interviewed. The fact that we couldn’t interview the victim hindered us from furthering the case.”

FOREST HILL (CBSDFW.COM) — Erica Moore of Forest Hill says she was laying in bed one night when she decided to walk-around her house to check on her kids. She found the door to her 15-year-old son’s bedroom shut. When she opened it, she got quite a surprise to see her son wasn’t alone — her teenage male cousin was in the room with him.

“My cousin at the time he was 18. My son he was 15 and I had walked in the room on [my cousin] giving oral sex to my son and I started whooping my son, and I’m the one who got in trouble as a result of me whooping him,” she said. “When I walked in I saw my son, it was just disgusting to me, the way he was looking and my cousin was looking, and my cousin immediately ran out the door. And I’m just like what the?!? You know, is you serious? So that was my reaction because it disgusted me.”

Moore admits that she struck her son with an electrical cord because it’s a form of discipline she was taught, and because she doesn’t believe in homosexuality.

“The police department told me that it was consensual, but they was committing a homosexual act in my house and we are totally against that. So I whooped my son and about three or four months later they came and arrested me for abuse,” she recalled.

Forest Hill Police meanwhile say Moore went too far, causing bleeding and leaving marks on the boy’s thighs, forearms, hands, torso and back.

“If you are leaving the child with severe injuries or bruises, then obviously we might be talking about abuse,” says Marissa Gonzales with Child Protective Services.

Police were alerted after the boy’s grandmother took him to the hospital to treat his injuries.

Moore said that the officer who arrived told her he understood why she beat her son and that he would have gone even farther.

“Even that day when the police officer came out here, he told me out of his own mouth, ‘If it was me and I walked in on my child,’ he said, ‘parent to parent I probably would have shot him. I probably would have shot both of them.’ He said but with the law you can’t, you’re not allowed to put whoops on him. He said you can whoop him but you’re not allowed to leave any marks on him,” she said.

She claims she would’ve done the same thing if she caught her daughter in a sexual act.

“So I said, ‘OK, what do you do in a situation like that where I’m catching my son having sex?'” she said. “It would be no different than me catching my daughter and she had a boy in the house and me disciplining her for having a boy in the house.”

Moore is currently fighting charges of assault with bodily injury to a family member in Tarrant County, for which she could face prison time. Moore claims she was well within her rights to discipline her son.

“I actually caught this going on in my house so how was I supposed to react to it? I supposed to just let it go? No! We was taught to discipline our kids and we whoop our kids,” she said.