UPDATE: Black man blocked from entering NJ gym where he’s a paid member

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Apr 18, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    What's wrong with some White people?.....no seriously.

[​IMG]

A series of videos posted on Facebook this week shows that employees at an LA Fitness gym in Secaucus, New Jersey called the cops on a black member because they assumed he didn’t pay to get in — and refused to back down even after learning he was a member.

The videos were posted by a New Jersey man named Tshyrad Oates but were originally filmed by Oates’ friend, who is a member of the gym.

The first video shows Oates’ friend fuming as he walks from the main gym area toward the lobby after he’s been asked to leave the gym because he didn’t pay an entrance fee — despite the fact that he’s a paid member.

He approaches the woman at the front desk and asks her to scan his membership tag, which she does. After the scan shows that he is a member of the gym, the woman simply stands up and doesn’t say anything as she walks away.

The second video shows him being confronted by the gym’s manager, who tells him that he can’t shoot video in the gym. When he refuses to stop, the manager tries to implore police officers in the lobby to make him stop, but they tell him they can’t legally do that.

“I understand, you don’t like cell phones,” one officer says to him. “But it’s not criminal activity.”

In the final video, the gym manager is in the process of terminating the man’s gym membership. The man asks police officers what he did to justify having his membership terminated and they appear utterly baffled.

“I don’t have the answers for you,” one officer says.

Raw Story has reached out to LA Fitness for comment but has not yet received any response.

Watch all four videos below.

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I can't wait to hear the rest of this one...

3. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I mean, just hearing him in the video I would have revoked his membership too. Jersey niggas have no respect for other people's space or the volume of their voices in public :iverson:

4. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    That shit is annoying though. At a certain point, you just stop giving a fuck.

I've definitely flipped my shit before to match someone else's level of bogus.

OckyDub dapped this.
  5. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    The vids didnt embed for me. Are they youtube?

6. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    UPDATE: LA Fitness has some job openings.

LA Fitness fires 3 workers after black men get kicked out of NJ gym

[​IMG]

LA. Fitness has fired a manager and two employees at a New Jersey gym where two black men were kicked out Monday night after a video of the incident surfaced on social media, according to a salesman there.

An employee who answered the phone at L.A. Fitness in Secaucus told NJ Advance Media the manager who appeared in the video recorded by one of the men has been "removed from the company."

The employee, a salesman who would only give his first name Josos, also said two women who were working that evening and badgered the men are no longer employees.

"I know the incident was really bad," said Josos. He said L.A. Fitness has apologized to one of the men.

The incident went viral on Facebook after Tshyrad Oates posted four videos saying the club manager called Secaucus police while he and another man were working out. Oates was using a four-day guest pass and his friend is a member at the gym.

Even though both men properly checked in when they arrived, Oates said an employee interrupted them to again ask for their membership credentials.

7. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    and they STILL ask why we always playing the race card..... its not a card its our life everyday everywhere in the world.

Cyrus-Brooks, SB3, I-Stay-Woke and 2 others dapped this.