Van Jones Just Schooled Jeffery Lord About Trump's Racism LIVE on CNN

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Nick Delmacy, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Here is the problem...at some point Black folks need to stop attempting to educate and discuss with many white folks about racism, institutionalized racism, an unjust-justice system, white privilege, police brutality, slavery, what the Southern Confederate Army fought for and what the Confederate Flag stands for.

Most of the time when these discussion come up, many white folks scream reverse racism and what about black on black crime. If PEOPLE (regardless of race) are not willing to have empathy for others, and attempt to step outside of their bubble, whats the point?

Just look at this video. All Jeffery Lord cared about was talking on how the Democratic party when it was then controlled by white racists over 80 years ago. That is a fact but then these "Dixiecrats" went over to the Republican party. Political party aside the KKK terrorized and KILLED Black people...but that is lost on Jeffery all he cares about is what party they belonged to.

3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh for God's sake...the KKK a 'leftist' organization? Does he know what the working definition of 'leftist' is? I did not want to hear another thing he said after that.

Ocky I agree. I would say what is important is whether or not the white people are at least willing to listen. This guy is trapped by his own agenda and ideology-he is not even willing to listen to or understand anything outside of is agenda, and he will only see things through his own prism. If someone is at least willing to listen, then efforts are not wasted. If they are unwilling to listen(like this guy) then all efforts will be wasted. As you said he cannot or will not step outside of his 'bubble'

The people who need to be talking to these people are other white people-trying to get these people to the point where they will at least listen to and consider other things. Unless or until they get to that point, your efforts will be wasted on them. Blacks are 13 percent of the population. Civil rights legislation did not get passed by blacks. It got passed by whites who were educated and enlightened, and brought(sometimes forced) to see how things were, and to see what needed to be done, by blacks. Blacks need allies-and you don't have to 'sell out' or stop focusing on ways to help black people as an entity to do that, and allies do not have to be just whites-17 percent of the population is hispanic, and the fastest growing group is Asian. Time spent on people like this guy would be better spent by blacks on whites(or others) who are willing to advocate for blacks while 'working' on getting these types of people to step out of their comfort zone and at least have an open mind and be willing to listen.

JMHO.

And colorblind? The police are not colorblind. Racists are not colorblind. That whole argument is just stupid. Why is this guy on CNN?

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Round 2, Part 1

5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Round 2, Part 2

6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :ufdup::lawd:

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    First Round:

Jesus I HATE this Jeffrey Lord. The progressives divide people by race? No they respond to people dividing people by race! Fuck this party of Lincoln shit too. Get the hell out of the past you moron. I want to hurt this idiot. We are all created equal, but we are all not treated equally. Oh. My. God. I want to strangle him. He is so damn annoying. This is why I don't watch TV anymore. He is just a duplicitious moron who is trying to hang the albatross of a past that no longer has any relevancy on anyone except those who are deserving of it.

Second Round:

The Democratic Party of today is not the same party it used to be -same for the Republican Party. And this guy knows this damn well. How can this Lord guy deny that the racists moved to the Repugs? It is offensive to me. He needs to be smacked. He needs to get the hell out of the past. This guy is completely full of it-and he knows it-same talking points that are irrelevant. People like him are the ones who make it all about race-progressives are the ones who respond to the results of this kind of thinking and of unequal treatment.

We all know what color Trump is-green! He does not care about black, white, etc. he cares about green! He is a billionaire for Christ's sake.

8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Okay can you explain these to me..are they related to eachother? lol. I need cliff notes for some of these especially if they relate to eachother.. c'mon! (do they still have some kind of online version or app for cliff notes?)

ok..I was thinking 'you fucked up' as bad and 'lawd' as 'lawd you are making my brain hurt with your stupidity' lol. I was all 'WTF is he disagreeing with'?

Of course if Ocky was not so damn stingy with daps I would have known if it was good or bad...just sayin' 'no diss' .
    :sass2:

#8 ColumbusGuy, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Smilie Reference Guide:

:ufdup: Means "You know you done fucked up, right?"

Its from a scene in this movie:

Generally the smilie means you've said something wrong and got caught. But @Ockydub uses it for comments that speak uncomfortable truths.

:lawd: is from a photo of the big money preacher T.D. Jakes.

It represents saying "Lawd!!" in response to approving or agreeing with a comment or photo.

[​IMG]

10. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    LOL...I was giving props to your comments.

11. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    My fuckin head HURTS listening to this idiot. I don't even know where to start with this dude Jeff's ignorance on racism in this country. Epitome of privileged existence...

Sean P, Tyroc and OckyDub dapped this.
  12. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Jefferey Lord makes me want to punch a pigeon!
    Van Jones, nice looking fellow '68 baby makes me want to do something else.

grownman and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  13. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :mjlol:

14. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I am actually engaged in research to address how to deal with folks who are unapologists, unwilling to compromise or unwilling to see other people's perspectives. My personal perspective is to say, "fuck you...you're too ignorant for me to have a conversation with," but I'm not sure if that's the right approach, even with people who are being assholes like Jeff Lord.